Czech detained in Ukraine over unlawful use of technical means â" media
Czech detained in Ukraine over unlawful use of technical means â" mediaReports about the detention of a Czech diplomat have not been confirmed.Photo from Vlasta Juricek via flickr.com
A Czech citizen was detained in Ukraine on Monday on suspicion of unlawful use of technical devices, and a court in Kyiv decided on Wednesday that he will be released on bail of an equivalent of EUR 4,500, Czech Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Irena Valentova has told CTK.
The Info.cz server, citing trustworthy sources, wrote that the detained Czech is Ludek Vokal, who used to be a high-ranking officer of the Czech police former organised crime squad, whom the General Inspection of Security Corps (GIBS) suspects of several crimes, the Prague Daily Monitor said citing the Czech News Agency.
Valentova said Czech diplomacy had been informed about the man's detention by the Ukrainian security service. "We are in contact with the person and his family," she said.
Valentova said the Czech man should not leave Ukraine for a period of two months and he should cooperate with the authorities dealing with his case.
According to Info.cz, Vokal's arrest in Ukraine is linked to his current activities in the security field, in which he keeps working although prosecution has been launched against him in the Czech Republic.
In early April, the GIBS proposed that Vokal be charged with abuse of power for leaking information about a planned police raid within the Vidkun case of suspicious ties between police officers, entrepreneurs and politicians.
Besides, Vokal has been accused of having leaked information from files of the anti-drug police unit to criminal unde rworld protagonists in 2010-2015, and information from police databases to CEZ energy utility head Daniel Benes and controversial lobbyist Roman Janousek.
He is also suspected of having helped delay a police crackdown on suspected blackmailers and securing a Czech residence permit for an underworld boss's girlfriend.
Info.cz wrote that together with Vokal, the Ukrainian police detained a Czech diplomat, who, however, was subsequently released after producing his diplomatic passport.
Valentova did not confirm the information about the detention of a diplomat. She said the ministry has no such information.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter
- Home /
- 13:23 OSCE SMM's Chief Monitor: Protection of civilians in Donbas must be paramount
- 12:57 Ukraine sees 0.3% decline in construction works in Q1
- 12:25 IAEA concludes long-term operational safety review at Ukraine's Yuzhnoukrainsk nuclear power plant
- 11:55 Ukraine marks 32nd anniversary of Chornobyl tragedy with candles lit in Pripyat (Video)
- 11:29 Czech detained in Ukraine over unlawful use of technical means â" media
- 10:56 Russian-led forces widely use proscribed arms in Donbas, 11 Ukraine soldiers wounded in past day
- 10:25 Poroshenko orders to start large-scale production of Vilkha missile system in 2018 (Photo, video)
- 09:56 Expelled spies included Russians suspected of tracking compatriots who resettled in U.S. â" media
- 09:24 Poroshenko: Ukraine's army ranks eighth in Europe in terms of military strength
- 08:55 Reuters: Oil prices rise on Iran sanctions worries, falling Venezuelan output
- 25 April, Wednesday
- 23:10 Mother of arrested Crimean Tatar activist sentenced for "depressing" police officer
- 22:30 "Disgrace": Ukraine envoy on British MEP's illegal visit to occupied Crimea
- 21:50 Kazakh citizen faces trial for joining Russia-backed militants in eastern Ukraine â" media
- 21:10 2018 Europe Prize awarded to Ukrainian town of Ivano-Frankivsk
- 20:30 PACE passes resolution on countering Russian propaganda
- 19:50 EU mulls "travel authorization" for visa-exempt country nationals ahead of trips to Schengen zone
- 19:10 E nemy Grads shell Ukraine forces in Donbas in brutal violation of Minsk agreements
- 18:30 Loud statements, no specifics: NABU chief skeptical about "Onyshchenko tapes"
- 17:50 Ukraine sees exports grow almost 54% in Jan-Feb 2018
- 16:56 Ukraine remains extremely vulnerable to external shocks due to heavy debt burden â" NBU
- 16:43 EU working on new Reform Contract for Investment in Ukraine
- 16:30 EU expert mission to help Ukraine improve methodology for calculating structural business statistics
- 16:18 Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation chief comments on Russia's possible invasion in summer
- 16:09 Ukraine's Ukrmetprom, U.S. World Steel Dynamics sign memorandum of cooperation
- 15:47 Suicide rate surges in Kyiv â" National Police
- 15:21 Ukraine exports 34 mln tonnes of grain since July 1, 2017
- 15:05 Peskov on suspension of Feygin's lawyer license: Not Kremlin's decision
- 14:44 Reuters Exclusive: Russian civilians helping Assad use military base back home â" witnesses
- 14:12 Asphalt and concrete plant with record high capacity opens in Kharkiv region
- 13:56 Anti-corruption chief: Cases will be opened against lawmakers, ministers, judges
- 13:38 Ukraine ranks 101st in 2018 World Press Freedom Index
- 13:10 Ukrainian military join Combined Resolve X drills in Germany (Photo, video)
- 12:49 Ukraine's Finance Ministry borrows over UAH 1 bln, EUR 83.6 mln on domestic market
- 12:27 Hungary unhappy with Ukraine's plans to sanction dual nationality
- 12:04 G7 countries call Rus sia's actions in Ukraine, Syria unacceptable
- 11:40 Ukraine pledges to fulfill unmet requirements of EC macro-financial assistance program â" Danyliuk
- 11:11 POLITICO: Senate confirms Trump's pick for NSA, Cyber Command
- 10:43 FT: Skadden partner who worked for Ukraine leaves firm
- 10:12 Israel: If Syrians use Russian missiles against us, we'll strike back â" media
- 09:46 Ukraine army reports 11 soldiers wounded amid 69 enemy attacks in Donbas in last day
- 09:18 NBU weakens official forex rate to UAH 26.17 to dollar
- 08:55 Reuters: Oil stable but below recent highs as rising U.S. supply drags on bull-run
- 24 April, Tuesday
- 23:10 Russia amasses 32,000 troops, Iskander and S400 systems in Crimea â" Ukraine
- 22:30 West ern nations find way to bypass Russian veto at UN
- 21:50 Kyiv to welcome 50,000 fans for UEFA Champions League final in Kyiv: Interior Ministry
- 21:10 Ukrainian journalist's defender in Russia stripped of lawyer license "for three tweets"
- 20:30 Gazprom ready for talks with Ukraine on gas transit â" Russian media
- 19:50 "Black trace": Russian oil businesses continue operating in Ukraine â" journalists
- 19:10 Ukraine asks ICJ to explain decision on Mejlis
- 18:30 Moldova identifies dozens of fighters in Donbas
- 17:50 Opinion Armenian Revolution: Russian influence to remain amid power shift
- 16:49 Ukraine envoy: Switching to Joint Forces Operation in Donbas not to affect Minsk process
- 16:20 Ukraine's central bank to curb inflation to 5% by end of 2020
- 15:57 G7 countries call on Ukraine to create anti-corruption court as Venice Commission recommends
- 15:33 UPDATE: PACE officially recognizes occupied areas in Donbas as "effectively controlled" by Russia
- 15:12 Ukraine to ban Russian ships from entering internal waters
- 14:45 G7 summit: Russia must be held accountable for aggression in Ukraine â" U.S. State Dep.
- 14:16 Poroshenko: Independent local Orthodox Church's head to be elected in Ukraine
- 13:51 Car production in Ukraine plunges by over 98% over decade
- 13:28 Ukraine's deputy minister for occupied areas: Peace in Donbas may require decades
- 13:04 Prosecutors complete presentation of evidence against Ukrainian journalist Sushchenko â" Russian media
- 12:42 Ukraine' s external debt repayments until 2022 estimated at US$24 bln â" S&P
- 12:13 Poroshenko: Russian Patriarch not authorized to veto Ukrainian church's autocephaly
- 11:50 Industrial output in Ukraine slows to 1% in March
- 11:28 Ukraine energy ministry website hit by ransomware attack â" media
- 10:59 Senate committee paves way for Pompeo to become top U.S. diplomat â" media
- 10:36 Russia's missile systems drills kick off in Crimea
- 10:11 G7 countries stand ready to step up sanctions against Russia
- 09:47 Escalation in Donbas: 44 enemy attacks on Ukraine, 5 WIA's in last day
- 09:24 Driver kills 10, injures 15 plowing van into Toronto sidewalk crowd â" media
- 08:55 NBU strengthens official forex rate to UAH 26.12 to dollar
- 23 April, Monday
- 23:40 SBU raids Motor Sich aircraft engine manufacturer in "sabotage" probe
- 23:09 Ukraine detains Putin's "confidant" at Crimea elections
- 22:30 Ukraine sees retail trade grow to US$8 bln in 1Q 2018
- 21:50 Almost 4 mln Ukrainians labor migrants - study
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine