NATO Military Committee to visit Ukraine April 18-19
NATO Military Committee to visit Ukraine April 18-19The NATO Military Committee (MC) will visit Lviv, Ukraine, on April 18-19.Photo from UNIAN
On the eve of the visit, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee Petr Pavel told UNIAN this time military representatives of the Alliance would visit Lviv, not Kyiv. They will visit Hetman Petro Sahaidachnyi National Army Academy, meet with the Chief of the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and his team.
The next day, on Thursday, April 19, they will visit the Yavoriv training ground. After that, they will have a meeting with the Ukrainians â" it will be a joint format of the meeting with partners, he said.
Speaking of the visit's agenda, Pavel said it would be "traditional." According to him, this is a discussion over the progress of reform on which the Alliance provides assistance, discussions of possibilities for improving cooperation in order to bring it in line with the needs of both NATO and Ukraine, and deepening understanding on both sides: for NATO â" to understand the state of Ukrainian troops on the ground, and for the Ukrainian side â" to better understand the procedures and positions taken by NATO.
Read alsoRomania says language row no justification for blocking Ukraine-NATO dialogueThe official says NATO stands for filling the schedule with events that would be useful for both sides.
He recalled that the MC meets in Brussels at the working level of military representatives who represent their chiefs of staff, usually twice a week. Pavel said that sometimes, the MC visits countries that are either part of the Alliance or partner states, to better understand the situation on the ground, as well as to promote partnership and cooperation.
UNIAN memo. The Military Committee (MC) is the senior military authority in NATO and the oldest permanent body in NATO after the North Atlantic Council, both having been formed only months after the Alliance came into being. It is the primary source of military advice to the North Atlantic Council and the Nuclear Planning Group, and gives direction to the two Strategic Commanders.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter
- Home /
- 16:40 Kremlin on Avakov's plan to return occupied territories: Crimea notions "inappropriate"
- 16:20 Cabinet not to allow monopolization of petroleum products mar ket â" Groysman
- 16:00 Medvedchuk claims Russia "not aggressor state"
- 15:40 Poroshenko holds meeting with Cabinet behind closed doors â" media
- 15:20 SBU warned Yanukovych twice of Russian invasion threat â" declassified evidence
- 15:00 Interview Head of NATO Military Committee General Petr Pavel: We are heading to make Ukrainian defense forces capable and credible enough to deter any potential aggression
- 14:40 Expert assesses threat of full-scale offensive by Putin's troops in Donbas
- 14:20 Ukraine fails to fulfill two conditions for continued cooperation with IMF â" Danyliuk
- 14:00 Tuka comments on interior minister's plan for Donbas de-occupation
- 13:40 Ukraine's Cabinet prepares macro-forecast for next three years
- 13:20 Ukrainian gas transit route "strategic" to EU's security: energy chief
- 13:00 SBU interrogates Russian man who sent Wagner mercenaries to Syria
- 12:40 Ukroboronprom showcases BMP-1AK IFVs delivered from Poland (Photo, video)
- 12:20 Russian drive to replace Western technology hits snag as turbine prototype destroyed in tests - Reuters
- 12:00 âUSA Really. Wake Up Americansâ: Russia launching another propaganda outlet in U.S.
- 11:40 Knife-wielding student goes on rampage in Russian school, sets classroom on fire
- 11:20 Ukraine's economy ministry sets up ad hoc group to monitor trade with Russia
- 11:00 Ukraine Army improves position in Global Firepower ranking
- 10:40 NATO Military Committee to visit Ukraine April 18-19
- 10:20 CIA Director Pompeo met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un over Easter weekend
- 10:00 Ukraine, U.S. winning Indian defense market over Russia - official
- 09:40 Ukraine reports 1 KIA, 3 WIAs in Donbas amid 45 enemy attacks in last day
- 09:20 Russia may block Facebook following Telegram ban
- 09:00 Ukraine refutes "fake news" about detention of Ukrainian space industry officials in U.S.
- 02:22 Minister Avakov calls on U.S. to introduce sanctions against possible contractors of Nord Stream 2
- 00:57 RFE/RL: EU lawmakers call for World Cup boycott
- 17 April, Tuesday
- 23:53 Volker on recent attack on Voda Donbasa workers: "Targeting civilians is unacceptable"
- 23:33 Bloomberg: U.S. airlines' rights to fly over Russia expire
- 22:58 Ukraine's Finance Ministry expects US$2 bln disbursement from IMF in May or June
- 21:56 Russia to adopt some of Musk's engineering solutions â" Rogozin
- 20:29 Japan traders ask Rusal to stop shipping aluminum after U.S. sanctions â" media
- 19:59 IMF: Ukraine's inflation in 2017 highest among all CIS members
- 18:40 Donetsk water filtration plant's staff bus comes under fire, five wounded
- 17:47 Reuters: Bulgaria's EIG to acquire Ergo's Ukrainian travel insurance business
- 16:40 UPDATE: Ukraine asks Constantinople to allow creation of independent Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 16:20 Transnistrian "instructors" who helped Donbas militants detained in Moldova
- 16:00 Malaysia interested in Ukrainian defense products â" Ukroboronprom
- 15:40 Ukraine ready to provide Russia with corridor for withdrawal of troops from Transnistria
- 15:20 NBU's high discount rate prevents business lending â" Groysman
- 15:00 Russian agency launches campaign to return Russian students from "unfriendly" UK
- 14:40 Armenia opposition leader announces "Velvet Revolution" amid unrest (Photo)
- 14:20 Deficit of Ukraine's foreign trade in goods 1.5 times up in Jan-Feb 2018
- 14:00 Blasts heard in militant-occupied Luhansk amid news of armored vehicles amassed for "parade"
- 13:40 NBU can transfer only UAH 44.6 bln profit to budget â" auditor
- 13:20 Armenia Police: Twenty-nine protesters detained in Yerevan clashes
- 13:00 LPG output down in Ukraine, import boost seen in Q1 2018 â" expert
- 12:40 "Do we all want to die?" - Putin's info security aide says Russia "will not forgive" cyberattacks
- 12:20 Kyiv court unlocks accounts of Yanukovych Jr's companies
- 12:00 Ukraine businesses forecast hryvnia rate for coming year
- 11:40 Business expectations in Ukraine reach 7-year high
- 11:20 G7 countries urge Russia to urgently address all questions related to Salisbury incident
- 11:00 Ukraine's large, medium-sized businesses post US$5.9 bln profit in 2017
- 10:40 Cambridge Analytica work helped Brexit group - evidence
- 10:20 Russia blocks 1.8 million Amazon, Google IPs
- 10:00 Russian fleet hunts British submarine in Mediterranean â" media
- 09:40 Escalation in Donbas: Ukraine reports 52 enemy attacks, 1 KIA, 5 WIAs in last day
- 09:20 Ukraine set to woo Asian markets with Indonesia, Vietnam initiative - media
- 09:00 Germany seeks to strengthen position in Europe due to Nord Stream 2 â" diplomat
- 00:51 Mogherini: Minsk implementation remains key to any substantial change in EU-Russia relations
- 16 April, Monday
- 23:38 Terrorist leader Zakharchenko orders to scrap 'customs duties' between two 'republics' in Donbas
- 22:22 WP: Trump puts the brakes on new Russian sanctions, reversing Haley's announcement
- 21:55 Ukraine's Panov denies sabotage charges in Russia-controlled Crimea â" media
- 21:25 Reuters: U.S., UK accuse Russian government-backed hackers in global cyber campaign
- 20:42 Ukraine's new light helicopter performs maiden flight (Photo, video)
- 19:25 RFE/RL: Jailed Ukrainian lawmaker Savchenko resumes hunger strike
- 18:57 European Broadcasting Union sees threat to independence of Ukraine public service broadcaster
- 17:38 Ukrainian railways become profitable again
- 16:40 SBU exposes group engaged in fomenting inter-ethnic hatred in Chernihiv on Russia's order
- 16:20 EUCOM: No indication Russian air defense systems deployed during Syria mission
- 16:00 PM Groysman: Ukraine could sign free trade agreement with Turkey in 2018
- 15:40 Ukraine sees US$ 2.8 bln in agriexports in Jan-Feb 2018
- 15:20 Russia boosts navy presence in Azov Sea, provocations possible â" Ukraine military
- 15:00 "DPR" terrorists suffer significant losses near Dokuchaievsk â" volunteers
- 14:40 Putin migh t hit on brake or raise stakes dramatically in Donbas - Avakov
- 14:20 Lithuanian FM: Sanctions against Russia can be extended for 12 months
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine