Ukraine ready to provide Russia with corridor for withdrawal of troops from Transnistria
Ukraine ready to provide Russia with corridor for withdrawal of troops from TransnistriaA Ukrainian diplomat pointed out at the lack of steps toward a political settlement around Transnistria.facebook.com/bchukraine
Ukraine's Special Representative for Transnistrian Settlement Viktor Kryzhanivsky says Ukraine is ready to provide its territory for the withdrawal of Russian troops from Transnistria, while the Russian Federation is showing no willingness to withdraw its forces from the region.
Speaking at a panel discussion in Kyiv titled "Traps of the Transnistrian settlement: How to avoid them", he said Ukraine agrees to the withdrawal of Russian troops from Transnistria via the Ukrainian territo ry, an UNIAN correspondent reports.
"We still agree on the use of our territory because our principled position is that Russian troops should be withdrawn from there, they should have long been withdrawn, and today our position remains unchanged, therefore we are providing all the assistance possible," Kryzhanivsky said.
At the same time, he drew attention to the recent statement by Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin that Russia would not withdraw troops from Transnistria. According to Kryzhanivsky, Russian Duma also said that it was impossible to withdraw Russian troops and ammunition from Transnistria due to the "unstable situation in Ukraine."
"But all these stories are for those with mental issues," Kryzhanivsky said.
Read alsoDangers of Russia withdrawal corridor from Transnistria via Ukraine"Russia shows no readiness to withdraw its troops, and they will cling to anything, looking for some new excuses. Our po sition remains unchanged: we will provide the territory, we will ensure an unhindered and safe withdrawal of Russian troops and ammunition from the territory of Transnistria as soon as Russia begins to do this or at least expresses its readiness," he said.
The diplomat also noted that Ukraine's position on the settlement of the Transnistrian conflict remains unchanged.
"This is about reaching a settlement of the Transnistrian conflict as soon as possible, based of preserving sovereignty and territorial integrity of Moldova. Such a mandate I received from Ukrainian President Poroshenko, and there cannot be any compromise," Kryzhanivsky said.
He also noted that efforts were being made to speed up the settlement process.
However, as the Ukrainian diplomat pointed out the lack of steps toward political settlement, i.e. "the return of Transnistria back to a single state of Moldova."
"There is no progress in terms of a polit ical settlement," Kryzhanivsky said.
At the same time, he called Russia's position an important factor in the Transnistria settlement.
"[Russia] is not ready, and it is not clear when it will be ready to resolve this conflict, because for them the preservation of any conflicts on the territory of the former USSR is a very important factor of maintaining influence on new states," he said.
In turn, Ambassador of Moldova to Ukraine Ruslan Bolbochan said that his country stands for a political-diplomatic settlement based on respect for the territorial integrity and independence of Moldova within the internationally recognized borders. At the same time, he noted that Moldova supports granting of a special status to the Transnistrian region.
Read alsoUkraine, Moldova, Georgia decry Russian presence - media"Another very important issue of military presence. We are in favor of transforming the current peacekeeping mission into a civilian miss ion with an international mandate, and we stand for the complete withdrawal of Russian troops from the territory of the Republic of Moldova and for the withdrawal of ammunition from our country's territory," Bolbochan said.
He has also that the Moldovan government is committed to promoting a direct dialogue between Chisinau and Tiraspol.
The diplomat expressed gratitude to Ukraine for supporting Moldova's efforts in the Transnistrian conflict settlement.
Separately, Bolbochan said that any military exercise in Transnistria is a matter of concern.
"According to some information, last year there some 300 such military trainings were held. This is too much, and we are concerned," Bolbochan said.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter
- Home /
- 23:53 Volker on recent attack on Voda Donbasa workers: "Targeting civilians is unacceptable"
- 23:33 Bloomberg: U.S. airlines' rights to fly over Russia expire
- 22:58 Ukraine's Finance Ministry expects US$2 bln disbursement from IMF in May or June
- 21:56 Russia to adopt some of Musk's engineering solutions â" Rogozin
- 20:29 Japan traders ask Rusal to stop shipping aluminum after U.S. sanctions â" media
- 19:59 IMF: Ukraine's inflation in 2017 highest among all CIS members
- 18:40 Donetsk water filtration plant's staff bus comes under fire, five wounded
- 17:47 Reuters: Bulgaria's EIG to acquire Ergo's Ukrainian tra vel insurance business
- 16:40 Constantinople "greenlights" creation of independent Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Poroshenko
- 16:20 Transnistrian "instructors" who helped Donbas militants detained in Moldova
- 16:00 Malaysia interested in Ukrainian defense products â" Ukroboronprom
- 15:40 Ukraine ready to provide Russia with corridor for withdrawal of troops from Transnistria
- 15:20 NBU's high discount rate prevents business lending â" Groysman
- 15:00 Russian agency launches campaign to return Russian students from "unfriendly" UK
- 14:40 Armenia opposition leader announces "Velvet Revolution" amid unrest (Photo)
- 14:20 Deficit of Ukraine's foreign trade in goods 1.5 times up in Jan-Feb 2018
- 14:00 Blasts heard in militant-occupied Luhansk amid news of armored vehicles amassed for "parade"
- 13:40 NBU can transfer only UAH 44.6 bln profit to budget â" auditor
- 13:20 Armenia Police: Twenty-nine protesters detained in Yerevan clashes
- 13:00 LPG output down in Ukraine, import boost seen in Q1 2018 â" expert
- 12:40 "Do we all want to die?" - Putin's info security aide says Russia "will not forgive" cyberattacks
- 12:20 Kyiv court unlocks accounts of Yanukovych Jr's companies
- 12:00 Ukraine businesses forecast hryvnia rate for coming year
- 11:40 Business expectations in Ukraine reach 7-year high
- 11:20 G7 countries urge Russia to urgently address all questions related to Salisbury incident
- 11:00 Ukrain e's large, medium-sized businesses post US$5.9 bln profit in 2017
- 10:40 Cambridge Analytica work helped Brexit group - evidence
- 10:20 Russia blocks 1.8 million Amazon, Google IPs
- 10:00 Russian fleet hunts British submarine in Mediterranean â" media
- 09:40 Escalation in Donbas: Ukraine reports 52 enemy attacks, 1 KIA, 5 WIAs in last day
- 09:20 Ukraine set to woo Asian markets with Indonesia, Vietnam initiative - media
- 09:00 Germany seeks to strengthen position in Europe due to Nord Stream 2 â" diplomat
- 00:51 Mogherini: Minsk implementation remains key to any substantial change in EU-Russia relations
- 16 April, Monday
- 23:38 Terrorist leader Zakharchenko orders to scrap 'customs duties' between two 'republics' in Donbas
- 22:22 WP: Trump puts the brakes on new Russian sanctions, reversing Haley's announcement
- 21:55 Ukraine's Panov denies sabotage charges in Russia-controlled Crimea â" media
- 21:25 Reuters: U.S., UK accuse Russian government-backed hackers in global cyber campaign
- 20:42 Ukraine's new light helicopter performs maiden flight (Photo, video)
- 19:25 RFE/RL: Jailed Ukrainian lawmaker Savchenko resumes hunger strike
- 18:57 European Broadcasting Union sees threat to independence of Ukraine public service broadcaster
- 17:38 Ukrainian railways become profitable again
- 16:40 SBU exposes group engaged in fomenting inter-ethnic hatred in Chernihiv on Russia's order
- 16:20 EUCOM: No indication Russian air defense systems deployed during Syria miss ion
- 16:00 PM Groysman: Ukraine could sign free trade agreement with Turkey in 2018
- 15:40 Ukraine sees US$ 2.8 bln in agriexports in Jan-Feb 2018
- 15:20 Russia boosts navy presence in Azov Sea, provocations possible â" Ukraine military
- 15:00 "DPR" terrorists suffer significant losses near Dokuchaievsk â" volunteers
- 14:40 Putin might hit on brake or raise stakes dramatically in Donbas - Avakov
- 14:20 Lithuanian FM: Sanctions against Russia can be extended for 12 months
- 14:00 Open contest ongoing to select head of Ukrainian Institute â" MFA Ukraine
- 13:40 Ukrainian gas reserves grow to 7.5 bcm within week
- 13:20 Russian tanks entering Ukraine that the OSCE is mandated to miss - KHPG
- 13:00 Russia's Gazprom failing to fulfill obligations unde r gas transit contract â" Naftogaz envoy
- 12:40 Ex-FBI chief says Russians may have "kompromat" on Trump
- 12:20 Ukraine Interior Minister elaborates on plan to return occupied Donbas
- 12:00 Rusal shares drop 20% on Hong Kong market against U.S. sanctions â" Russian media
- 11:40 Analysis Ukrainian interest. Syria escalation, Poroshenko's efforts, and Orban's triumph
- 11:20 Ukraine's infrastructure ministry tracks companies involved in Kerch bridge construction â" Omelyan
- 11:00 WSJ: Trump bowed to Pentagon restraint on Syria strikes
- 10:40 Analysis Week's balance: Partners recommend reforms, Groysman declares war on "secret club of subsoil users," and law enforcers go for useless searches at Ukrzaliznytsia
- 10:20 Russian jo urnalist who wrote about Wagner mercenaries dies under suspicious circumstances
- 10:00 Group of Kyiv roofers conquer Druzhby Narodiv Arc
- 09:40 Ukraine reports 59 enemy attacks in Donbas, 2 WIAs in last day
- 09:20 German minister tells Russia its behavior must change
- 09:00 Syria bombings: Johnson warns UK must prepare for Russian retaliation
- 00:56 Syrian president lands up on Ukraine's Myrotvorets database due to his children's visit to Crimea
- 15 April, Sunday
- 22:53 CNN: Nikki Haley says more sanctions against Russia coming Monday
- 21:59 The Telegraph: Leaked EU files show Brussels cover-up and collusion on Putin's Gazprom abuses
- 20:59 Assad's three children vacation in famed youth camp Artek in Russian-occupied Cr imea
- 18:36 Mike Pence: Further use of chemical weapons in Syria will mean a "price to pay" â" media
- 16:56 Russia facing new U.S. sanctions for support of Assad regime â" Russian media
- 15:51 Russian-led terrorists in Donbas hand missing Ukrainian soldier's body over to Ukraine
- 13:41 Ukrainian surveillance drones start mission on border with Russian-occupied Crimea
- 11:55 Kyiv police report about blast near office of Akhmetov's Kyivenergo at night (Photos)
- 10:58 CNN: Satellite images show craters at alleged Syrian chemical weapons facilities
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine