Russian-led forces mount 80 attacks on Ukraine troops in Donbas in past day â" JFO center
Russian-led forces mount 80 attacks on Ukraine troops in Donbas in past day â" JFO centerAccording to Ukrainian intelligence reports, the enemy's total casualties in the past day include three killed and five wounded fighters.Photo from Ukraine's Defense Ministry
Russian-led forces mounted 80 attacks on Ukrainian troops in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, in the past day.
"Hostilities were most active near the villages of Krymske, Novotoshkivske, Luhanske, Pisky, Troyitske, Shyrokyne, and the town of Avdiyivka," the press center of Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation said in an update on Facebook as of 07:00 on May 7, 2018.
In particular, the Russian occupation forces attacked the Ukrainian forces 22 times with the use of artillery systems and mortars, and there were two tank attacks, it said.
Read alsoRussian-led troops use artillery to attack Zaitseve in Donbas, wound one person
The JFO forces responded adequately and were engaged in active defense.
During defensive fighting in the past day, one Ukrainian military man was killed and four were wounded in action.
"During the patrolling of the defense area, a group of servicemen from a mechanized battalion operating in the Horlivka zone was ambushed, and a reserve group from the nearby strongpoint arrived at the scene of the incident. After a short fire encounter, the reserve group started to chase the enemy, during which three enemy fighters were eliminated on the line of contact," the press center said.
According to Ukrainian intelligence reports, the enemy's total casualties in the past day include three killed and five wounded figh ters.
"The invaders continue to flagrantly violate international humanitarian law: they twice fired 152 and 122mm guns on May 6 to shell the villages of Zaitseve and Nikolske," the report says.
In the early hours of May 7, the enemy was active both in the Luhansk and Donetsk sectors.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter
- Home /
- 23:50 "Crimean Cossacks" who whipped Moscow protesters fought against Ukraine in Donbas
- 23:10 Adidas accused of historical insensitivity for its Russia "tank dress" - Kyiv Post
- 22:30 Naftogaz CEO, NATO officials talk Ukraine' s energy security
- 21:55 Lusvarghi case: Court arrests Brazilian who fought alongside militants in Donbas
- 21:50 National Police's fuel supplier CEO gets his SUV shot at in Kyiv - media
- 21:10 Czech PM: Country never produced or developed "novichok"
- 20:30 Coal imports on rise in Ukraine
- 19:50 Revenues of local budgets across Ukraine rise 23% in Jan-April
- 19:10 Poroshenko not among TOP 3 presidential candidates in Ukraine â" poll
- 18:30 U.S. trains troops for front line in "hybrid war" with Russia â" CBS News
- 17:50 Opinion "Strength" of Russia's defense industry
- 16:58 Ukraine's justice ministry publishes list of companies with biggest wage debts
- 16:40 F ather of female attacker on Donbas war veteran works for Ukraine's Defense Ministry â" media
- 16:20 Ukraine's SBU identifies chief instructor of Ukrainian unit at Russia's PMC Wagner
- 15:50 Estonia recognized most westernized of ex-Soviet countries, Ukraine ranks sixth â" StrategEast
- 15:25 Number of millionaires in Ukraine grows by 16% in 2017
- 14:58 Bellingcat identifies Russian officers, militants as perpetrators of January 2015 Mariupol artillery strike
- 14:27 Ukraine's hryvnia gets stronger on interbank forex market on Monday
- 13:58 Price of imported gas for Ukraine in April exceeds $300 for the first time in three years
- 13:30 Russia's FSB set to accuse Crimean Tatar shop owner of terrorism â" Chubarov
- 12:59 Brazilian Embassy denies sup port to Lusvarghi accused of killing Ukrainian soldiers in Donbas â" lawyer
- 12:26 Ukraine complains to ICAO about maintenance of Ukraine's Antonov planes in Russia â" media
- 11:48 RFE/RL: Putin's new term set to begin with ambitious goals, geopolitical strife
- 11:27 OSCE reports blocking of its monitoring patrol in occupied Donbas due to demining
- 10:50 Ukraine reduces gas imports by over 54% in Jan-April
- 10:25 U.S. cancels duty-free imports of 155 goods from Ukraine
- 09:54 Russian-led forces mount 80 attacks on Ukraine troops in Donbas in past day â" JFO center
- 09:05 Reuters: Oil prices reach highest since November 2014 on Venezuela, Iran worries
- 06 May, Sunday
- 23:55 Boys aged 13,15 shot on high street in north-west Lond on â" media
- 23:30 Eurovision 2018 opening ceremony starts in Lisbon (Video)
- 21:55 SBU detains a group of four suspected of attack on Ukraine's 'Cyborg' (Photo)
- 19:45 At least 45 schools damaged in Donbas since early 2017 â" UNICEF
- 17:45 Russian-led troops use artillery to attack Zaitseve in Donbas, wound one person
- 15:55 Ukraine strongly condemns Kremlin's attack against Russians amid "He's not our tsar" protests
- 14:40 Hnutove checkpoint in Donbas resumes operation
- 12:50 Poroshenko boasts of Ukrainian soldiers' success in Combined Resolve X drills in Germany
- 10:55 Day in Donbas: Ukraine reports two WIA's amid nine enemy attacks
- 05 May, Saturday
- 22:40 Childr en in Russian disinformation spotlight - watchdog
- 21:40 Poroshenko vows Anti-Corruption Court creation as early as May
- 20:40 Foreign Ministry: No increase in anti-Semitic incidents in Ukraine
- 19:30 Crimea repression: Man gets prison sentence for pro-Ukrainian comment in social network
- 19:10 Police detain over thousand protesters at anti-Putin rallies across Russia
- 18:40 Analysis Ukrainian interest. U.S. assistance, Pashinyan's promotion, and football event of continental importance.
- 17:40 Victims of Russiaâs aggression in Ukraine get voice at European Parliament
- 16:40 "Shocking" 97% shortfall in humanitarian funding for Ukraineâs conflict-affected â" IOM
- 15:40 Contact group on Ukraine to reconvene in Minsk on May 16
- 14:40 Analysis Week's balance: cuts in subsidies, completion of sowing campaign, and large privatization list
- 13:40 UNICEF on Donbas: 200,000 children forced to learn in bullet-riddled classrooms
- 12:40 Three U.S. senators concerned over NYT report claiming Ukraine not cooperating on Russia probe
- 11:40 "He's not our tsar": Rallies start across Russia ahead of Putin's inauguration
- 10:40 Donbas militants shell residential neighborhood in Zaitseve
- 01:50 Ukraine, Turkey to move to practical implementation of An-188 project
- 04 May, Friday
- 23:56 U.S. Navy's new command puts Russia in the crosshairs â" media
- 22:44 Ukraine's envoy: "DPR" and "LPR" want 80 fighters in exchange for 15 Ukrainian hostages
- 21:58 Ukraine demands release of fishing vessel detained by Russia near Crimea
- 20:26 Repaying debts: Ukraine transfers US$451 mln to IMF since early May
- 19:30 Ukrainian border guards send two Russians back to Minsk over St. George ribbon (Photo)
- 18:58 Reuters: Trump says he can't talk to Mueller unless it's 'fair'
- 17:55 Ukrainian nationalists catch Brazilian fighter Lusvarghi in Kyiv, bring him to SBU (Photo, video)
- 16:50 Russian-led militants shell residential buildings in Maiorsk, use 120mm mortars â" JFO Staff
- 16:30 Dutch companies suspected of helping build bridge between Russia, Crimea
- 16:05 Yanukovych used Russia's aircraft to flee from Ukraine â" witness
- 15:40 Russian coastguards detain Ukrainian fishing vessel off Crimea coast
- 15:15 UEFA Champions League final: rates for Kyiv hotels, apartments sky-rocket
- 14:50 Customs revenue of Ukraine's budget grows by 13.8% in Jan-April
- 14:25 Ukraine's foreign reserves up $230 mln over past month
- 14:00 Russian-led militants rehearse Victory Day parade in occupied Donetsk (Photo)
- 13:35 U.S. to double cyber defense aid to Ukraine
- 13:15 Ukraine's solvent banks see US$331 mln in profit in 1Q â" NBU
- 12:45 Su-30SM jet crashed in Syria deployed from occupied Crimea â" media
- 12:20 UK set to strengthen anti-Russia alliance
- 11:55 French company could recycle Ukraine's spent nuclear fuel
- 11:30 Russia plants agent in Poland under "Russophobe" cover to tar Ukraine-Poland ties
- 11:05 Op inion Too early to award Peace Prize for Korean "nuclear settlement"
- 10:40 UEFA reveals star artist to perform at UCL final in Kyiv (Video)
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine