Putin promises "drastic consequences for Ukraine's statehood" if it tries to liberate Donbas
Putin promises "drastic consequences for Ukraine's statehood" if it tries to liberate DonbasPutin took part in an annual Direct Line Q&A show on June 7.dn.vgorode.ua
Russian President Vladimir Putin has promised "drastic consequences for Ukraine's statehood as a whole" if there is an attempt to liberate Donbas, the Russian-occupied east of Ukraine.
"I hope such provocations will not take place, and if this happens, I think that this will have very drastic consequences for Ukrainian statehood as a whole. I want to emphasize once again that I hope nothing like this will happen," Putin said during the annual Direct Line show , answering a question whether the Ukrainian army may take advantage of the World Cup in Russia and liberate Donbas, an UNIAN correspondent in Russia has reported.
According to Putin, "it is impossible to intimidate people who live in these territories in Donbas â" in the 'LPR' and 'DPR.' "We can see what has been happening there, how people are suffering, we help both unrecognized republics and will continue doing this," Putin said.
Read alsoPoroshenko: Donbas seeing hot phase of war, not "frozen conflict"
In his words, what is happening in those territories is "sad," and this shows that "the current Ukrainian leadership is unable to solve this problem."
"How can you solve this problem by considering these territories as your own and organizing a complete blockade there, consider people your citizens and subject them to shelling when civilians are suffering?" Putin said.
He onc e again blamed Ukraine for the "violation" of the Minsk agreements.
"Why should you do this if you just have to follow the Minsk agreements? It's just ridiculous from the point of view of the final result â" the restoration of the territorial integrity of the country. The longer, the further this happens, the worse it is for Ukraine," Putin said.
He forecasts Ukraine is unable to solve the "problem of these territories" under the current government when there is one year is left before the parliament and president elections, as the Ukrainian authorities do not need voters from these territories.
"If the authorities are guided by their narrow selfish political and economic interests, if they continue to rob their people and save money for a rainy day in offshores for their own name, then this situation will not lead to anything good," he said.
"Let's see how the situation will develop. We will do everythi ng for it to be resolved within the framework of the Minsk process and the Minsk agreements," Putin stressed.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 23:00 Interview NABU Auditor Volodymyr Vasylenko: Very often, police and courts act not as law enforcers but as law violators... NABU is called to defend law; therefore, its activities must remain within the legal framework
- 22:30 Venice Commission praises Ukraine's newly-adopted law on anti-corruption court
- 21:50 Over half of Ukrainians have no trust in banks â" study
- 21:30 Ukraine's NSDC secretary Turchynov defies Putin's threats over Donbas
- 21:10 Oksana Markarova appoin ted Ukraine's acting finance minister
- 20:50 NATO tells Russia to stop meddling, in first talks since Skripal case - media
- 20:30 Ukraine boosts electricity exports by 25% in Jan-May
- 19:50 Ukraine may introduce "old age" tax on used cars imports
- 19:10 Sweden approves Nord Stream 2 application
- 18:30 Putin comments on possibility of Sentsov swap
- 17:50 Opinion Military exercises in Crimea: What is Russia preparing for?
- 16:52 Ex-Shakhtar Donetsk's striker Ferreyra signs deal with Benfica
- 16:29 Experimental Ukrainian clinic successfully creates four 'three-parent babies' for infertile women â" media
- 16:01 U.S. Assistant Secretary: Ukraine and Georgia part of the West
- 15:40 Putin promises "drastic consequences for Ukraine's statehood" if it tries to liberate Donbas
- 15:17 Cyprus court "unfreezes" assets of Akhmetov's SCM
- 14:55 Ukraine's parliament sacks finance minister
- 14:36 Savchenko sues Ukraine's parliament
- 14:08 Ukraine's parliament eventually passes law on anti-corruption court
- 13:40 Sales of new cars in Ukraine grow by 10% in Jan-May
- 13:15 Kira Muratova, renowned Ukrainian filmmaker, dies at 83
- 12:54 National Bank transfers almost US$650 mln to state budget in May
- 12:32 Russia changes tactics of war in Donbas â" Turchynov
- 12:03 Kupala Night Festival in Belarusian Alexandria to feature Ukrainian Cultural Days
- 11:41 U.S. imposes sanctions on Ukrai nian airline over support of Iranian airlines
- 11:17 Britain calls on Russia to release Ukrainian political prisoners
- 10:56 OSCE records over 170 explosions in Donbas within one day
- 10:31 Trending Borys Lozhkin has become the Vice-President of the World Jewish Congress
- 10:10 PEN America demands Sentsov's immediate release
- 09:48 Australia's GrainCorp opens firm in Ukraine â" registry
- 09:19 JFO: Ukraine reports 2 KIA's, 2 WIA's amid 25 enemy attacks in past day
- 08:55 Reuters: Oil prices rise on Venezuelan supply troubles, but U.S. output surges
- 06 June, Wednesday
- 23:41 OSCE's Apakan: Security situation around Donetsk Filtration Station remains critical
- 23:17 NBU weakens officia l forex rate to UAH 26.16 to dollar
- 22:58 Ukraine to miss forex reserves target after IMF loan delays: Reuters poll
- 22:26 NATO ministers expected to okay 'Four Thirties' Initiative: Stoltenberg â" media
- 21:32 SBU confirms authenticity of leaked "hit-list" of 47 journalists â" BBC
- 21:04 UN Security Council condemns continuous ceasefire violations in eastern Ukraine
- 20:15 Revenues of local budgets across Ukraine rise 24% in Jan-May
- 19:10 Ukraine's Constitutional Court greenlights abolition of parliamentary immunity
- 18:30 Rada's Budget Committee backs dismissal of finance minister
- 17:50 Poroshenko: Donbas seeing hot phase of war, not "frozen conflict"
- 16:40 Ukraine's NEURC elects new Chairperson
- 16:20 NATO's Stoltenberg shows no support for Italy's idea to lift Russia sanctions
- 16:00 General Electric, KRCBW agree on partial localization of diesel locomotives production in Ukraine
- 15:40 Whole world is "testing ground" for Russia's fake news policy - Poroshenko
- 15:20 Moscow confirms Normandy Four foreign ministers to meet in Berlin, June 11
- 15:00 Vietnam resumes wheat imports from Ukraine
- 14:40 Kyiv to start Metro Bridge overhaul in 2019 to complete works before 2022 â" City Administration
- 14:20 Russia starts large-scale military drills in occupied Crimea
- 14:00 Ukraine's Supreme Court blocks gas production near Russian-occupied Crimea
- 13:40 U.S. pushes NATO to ready more forces to deter Russian threat
- 13:20 PM Groysman a sks Rada to fire finance minister
- 13:00 Ukraine's Finance Minister describes scenario in case of termination of cooperation with IMF
- 12:40 Poroshenko thanks Madrid for probe into Spanish mercenaries' participation in Donbas war
- 12:20 Lawyer: Sentsov "on the brink", compulsory feeding may start soon
- 12:00 Ukraine's envoy to UN elected vice-president of 73rd General Assembly
- 11:40 Russiaâs troll factory launches new website targeting Americans
- 11:20 Nationwide farmland assessment data to be available on Ukraine's single geoportal
- 11:00 Bloody Russia: World Cup 2018 host in series of powerful posters
- 10:40 Donbas situation must improve before EU lifts Russia sanctions: Austrian chancellor
- 10:20 With or without IMF money: NBU predicts two s cenarios for Ukraine
- 10:00 SBU investigates publication of "assassination list" of 47 journalists and bloggers
- 09:40 Analysis Worse than serial criminals: Why Ukrainian political prisoners in Russia receive huge terms
- 09:20 UN expected to adopt statement encouraging peace in Ukraine - AP
- 09:00 Ukraine's Joint Forces report 3 WIAs in past day hostilities
- 05 June, Tuesday
- 23:50 Ukraine's Antonov responds to Russia's plans to produce Ukrainian cargo aircraft under new brand
- 23:15 Ukrainians in Poland receive almost same wages as Poles â" study
- 22:30 Opinion Why Russia considers the Sea of Azov its own and what Ukraine should do about it
- 21:45 U.S. stresses importance of independent Anti-Corr uption Court for Ukraine
- 21:00 Ukraine's international reserves drop to US$18.1 bln in May
- 20:15 Ukraine 2018 spring grain sowing 97% complete
- 19:30 MFA Ukraine says "constructive negotiations" launched with Hungarians on education law
- 18:40 Fire breaks out in contaminated forest within Chornobyl zone (Photos)
- 18:00 Italy's new PM calls for review of Russia sanctions in EU
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine