From 50 to 100 citizens of Moldova reportedly fight against Ukraine in Donbas â" media
From 50 to 100 citizens of Moldova reportedly fight against Ukraine in Donbas â" mediaAccording to unofficial information, two Moldovan citizens were convicted in Ukraine.REUTERS
Moldova's Security and Intelligence Service (SIS) reports that 56 citizens of Moldova are fighting against Ukraine's army on the side of the Russian-led forces in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, while unofficially this number is estimated at 100 people.
Mercenaries from Moldova became active since the beginning of Russian aggression against Ukraine in 2014, the Ukrainian news outlet ZN.ua reported with reference to Moldova's regional publication Ziarul de Garda.
"Some 18 people of those identified by the SIS so far in cooperation with other agenci es and partners from abroad have been detained, and about 15 people have already been convicted. According to unofficial information, two Moldovan citizens were convicted in Ukraine," SIS Public Relations Officer Daniella Mynzat has said.
While mercenaries in Moldova are tried on charges of mercenarism, Ukraine applies the "terrorism" article of the Criminal Code, but both countries handle such cases as criminal ones, the journalists explain.
Read alsoTwo members of Russia-led forces eliminated by Ukraine's army in Donbas (Photo)
A mercenary in Moldova is facing imprisonment for a term of three to seven years, while the punishment for the recruitment of mercenaries is imprisonment from five to ten years.
About 70% of mercenaries fighting in the ranks of the Russian occupation forces in Donbas come from socially disadvantaged families or are unemployed. More than half of them are from Transnistria. Most often, money is the motive for their participation in the war in the east of Ukraine.
As UNIAN reported earlier, Ukrainian law enforcement agencies identified 54 foreign mercenaries fighting on behalf of military units of the self-proclaimed republics in Donbas.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 14:30 From 50 to 100 citizens of Moldova reportedly fight against Ukraine in Donbas â" media
- 13:30 Reuters: Russia largely wins fertilizer case against Ukraine at WTO
- 12:30 U.S. accounts for largest share of small arms exports from Ukraine in 2017
- 11:30 Ex-U.S. Ambassador Herbst: Kremlin has no right to offer Donbas referendum amid Russian aggression
- 09:30 Ukraine's army reports 1 5 enemy attacks in Donbas in past day
- 01:30 Ukrainian boxer Usyk wins Unified Champion of the World title in fight against Russia's Gassiev (Video)
- 21 July, Saturday
- 23:50 Dynamo win Ukrainian Super Cup 2018 in Odesa with 1-0 score
- 23:00 Ukraineâs Financial Stability Council supports concept of crypto regulation
- 22:00 Reuters: U.S. open to lifting sanctions off aluminum giant Rusal, says Mnuchin
- 21:00 More facts claim Wikileaks Russia intel tool
- 20:00 Russian security agents investigate leaks on hypersonic weapons program
- 18:00 Saboteur stopped short of blowing up train with army supplies in Ukraine
- 17:00 Microsoft exec: says company stopped Russia from hacking 3 congressional campaigns in U.S.
- 16:00 Ana lysis Week's balance: gas talks in Berlin, offensive on smugglers, barriers in economy
- 15:00 Ukraine in talks with U.S., EU on possible sanctions against Russian Black Sea ports over Azov Sea pressure - minister
- 14:00 Militants open fire on OSCE UAV as it spots non-withdrawn heavy weapons
- 13:00 U.S. allocates another $200 mln in security aid for Ukraine
- 12:00 Klimkin: Russia not interested in Donbas peace, seeking to ruin Ukraine
- 11:00 Ukraine introducing tighter controls on roads to tackle road accidents hike
- 10:00 Donbas update: 3 Ukrainian troops wounded in enemy shelling
- 09:00 White House: Trump 'not considering' Ukraine referendum
- 20 July, Friday
- 23:50 Putin's Donbas referendum idea to run aground just like his "peacekeeping" initiative - expert
- 22:45 MFA Ukraine to summon Italian Ambassador over Minister Salvini recognizing Crimea annexation
- 22:30 Trumpâs silence on Ukraine in Helsinki bemoaned by lawmakers in DC, Kyiv - VOA
- 22:00 Russia's GRU military intel behind Salisbury poisoning â" media
- 21:30 Gas price for Ukraine industry to rise from August
- 20:45 Putin wants "convenient" candidate to win in Ukraine presidential election - MFA
- 20:30 Ukraine to produce RPV-16 infantry flamethrowers
- 19:50 Opinion Careful with that spark!
- 19:10 Full core of Westinghouse fuel achieved at Yuzhnoukrainsk nuclear power plant's unit No. 3
- 18:30 Ukraine official: "no referendum&q uot; to be held in occupied Donbas
- 17:50 Renault confirms mulling Ukraine-based production
- 16:52 Ukraine's industry on the verge of survival due to inflated tariffs on energy resources â" Palytsa
- 16:30 EU expects Ukraine to conduct transparent probe into Sheremet's murder
- 16:09 Ukraine's minister Omelyan expects EU-Ukraine Open Skies deal to be signed in spring 2019
- 15:48 Russian-led forces fire anti-tank missile at Ukraine border patrol near Mariupol
- 15:17 National Bank inspects 506 foreign exchange booths in H1
- 14:46 Two years after Sheremet's murder: Over 20 tests, four theories â" PGO
- 14:11 Another member of Russian-led forces killed in Donbas (Photo)
- 13:44 Ten dead, ten injured in large road accident in Zhyto myr region (Photo, video)
- 13:15 NBU estimates Ukraine's GDP growth at 3.2% in Q2
- 12:53 Military blogger posts photo of captured Russian soldier in Donbas
- 12:22 Ukraine doubles grain exports to China
- 11:58 Sentsov's lawyer to visit his client in August
- 11:37 EBRD approves allocation of EUR 250 mln for renewable energy projects in Ukraine
- 11:10 Trump: I'll be Putin's 'worst enemy' if U.S.-Russia relationship 'doesn't work out' - media
- 10:48 Ukraine boosts grain reserves by 35.5%, to almost 92 mln tonnes as of July 1
- 10:16 Crimean detention center ignores Balukh's serious condition â" Chiygoz
- 09:49 Trump asks security adviser to invite Putin to U.S.
- 09:21 Donbas update: Ukraine reports 1 WIA amid 18 enem y attacks
- 08:55 Ukraine's central bank cuts official exchange rate to UAH 26.47 to dollar
- 00:40 Putin says he floated Ukraine referendum during meeting with Trump â" media
- 19 July, Thursday
- 23:40 U.S. Congressman compares Putin's attempt to grab Ukraine with Stalin policies
- 23:30 ICJ reminds Russia of need to comply with demands on Mejlis
- 23:10 Sentsov asks not to spread false rumors about his force-feeding or death
- 22:50 Opinion Spies in OSCE Donbas mission: Will SMM say no to Russian participation
- 22:20 Canada to allocate US$30 mln to support Ukraine businesses
- 21:50 Moldova's new defense strategy recognizes Russian military presence "threat to national security"
- 21:10 Naftogaz hilariously moc ks fake reports on its "readiness" to settle with Gazprom
- 20:30 Trump looking forward to another meeting with Putin
- 19:50 Share of agri-sector in Ukraine economy may rise to 25% - PM
- 19:10 Russia accuses of extremism daughter of already detained Crimean Tatar
- 18:30 Authorities in Ukraine to inspect forestry enterprises over roundwood smuggling allegations
- 17:50 Russia meddled in U.S. elections via Facebook, Zuckerberg confirms
- 16:58 Russia-backed Donbas militants threaten to 'arrest' imprisoned journalist's mother â" KHPG
- 16:46 European Commission introduces tariff quotas for 23 types of metal products, incl. 11 from Ukraine
- 16:24 Kyiv court dismisses Kyivenergo's claim for assigning debts for Naftogaz gas to Kyivteploenergo
- 16:01 Two me mbers of Russia-led forces eliminated by Ukraine's army in Donbas (Photo)
- 15:43 Russian government working on anti-Ukraine sanctions â" Russia's media
- 15:19 Crimean Tatar human rights activist Kuku stops hunger strike â" journalist
- 14:52 Military columnist suggests his possible scenario of Russian attack on Mariupol: Airstrikes and tanks
- 14:30 Ukraine exports 17,000 tonnes of honey in H1, 43% down year-over-year â" expert
- 14:07 UN: Ukraine must act now to stop systematic persecution of Roma minority in "alarming" attacks
- 13:45 U.S. State Department: Russia "without a doubt responsible" for shooting down MH17
- 13:18 VOA: Belarus grants refugee status to ex-Ukraine official sought by Kyiv
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine