Russia's FSB arrests train host from Ukraine â" lawyer
Russia's FSB arrests train host from Ukraine â" lawyerHe is held in the Lefortovo detention center.Russian lawyer Mark Feygin / Photo from UNIAN
Citizen of Ukraine Serhiy Buhaichuk, who works as a train host, has been arrested in Moscow, Russia.
"There is a new story with a Ukrainian hostage in Russia. This is a train host from [the Ukrainian city of] Rivne â" Serhiy Buhaichuk. He has been remanded in custody," lawyer Mark Feygin wrote on Twitter on July 25.
The detainee is currently kept in the Lefortovo detention center, the lawyer added.
Feygin later said that he had met Buhaichuk's wife in the detention center while visiting Ukraini an journalist Roman Sushchenko, who is now kept in Lefortovo on charges of "espionage."
Read alsoUkrainian political prisoner Hryb in Russian court: "I plead not guilty"
Buhaichuk was arrested on July 11, 2018. He is accused of arms trafficking across the Ukrainian-Russian border with two other persons: he allegedly wanted to sell, among other things, a Glock 19 handgun.
His case is being investigated by Russia's FSB security service under Article 222 of the Criminal Code of Russia (illegal acquisition, transfer, sale, storage, transportation or possession of arms, its main parts, ammunition). The punishment under the article includes imprisonment from five to eight years and a fine.
Buhaichuk pleads not guilty. The Consulate of Ukraine is currently looking for a lawyer to be hired for him.
Feygin is a Russian lawyer who was deprived of his right to work as a lawyer in Russia, however, he is allowed to take part in the Sushchenk o case as a public defender.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 00:59 Russia's FSB arrests train host from Ukraine â" lawyer
- 25 July, Wednesday
- 23:56 Italy does not recognize annexation of Crimea by Russia
- 22:59 Trump postpones summit with Putin until new year â" media
- 21:45 U.S. calls on Russia to end its occupation of Crimea
- 20:58 Reuters Exclusive: IMF backs Ukraine anti-corruption court plan
- 19:58 Downpour in Kyiv floods streets; huge traffic jams reported citywide (Photos, videos)
- 18:58 Opposition Bloc leader Novinsky warns of civil war if Ukrainian church granted autocephaly
- 17:55 Ukrainian farmers export almost 1.5 mln tonnes of grain from July 1
- 16:40 Ukraine, Israel plan to boost trade turnover to US$2 bln per year â" Kubiv
- 16:20 Ukrainians carry nearly 1 mln legal firearms - official data
- 16:00 OSCE Secretary General Thomas Greminger to visit eastern Ukraine this week
- 15:40 Number of happy people in Ukraine up 10% over year â" survey
- 15:20 Crimea prosecutor's office suggests actual punishment for foreigners attending occupied Crimea's official events
- 15:00 Poll says more than half of Americans think Putin has dirt on Trump â" media
- 14:40 U.S. to continue to support efforts to hold perpetrators for MH17 crash accountable â" Pompeo
- 14:20 Ukraine's Pension Fund explains delay in pension payments
- 14:00 French "pseudo-media" outlet promoting Kremlin narratives â" military columnist
- 13:40 Over 50 famous Ukrainians ask Sentsov to stop hunger strike
- 13:20 U.S.-supplied night vision devices save lives, help destroy enemy in Donbas
- 13:00 No "gifts to Russia at Ukraine's expense": Kurt Volker
- 12:40 Opinion Is Donbas referendum path to peace or capitulation
- 12:20 Macron met Russia's Lavrov to discuss Syria, Ukraine â" media
- 12:00 Ukraine's Cabinet registers Energy Efficiency Fund
- 11:40 Yuzhnoukrainsk NPP's power unit 3 starts operating on U.S.-made fuel: Poroshenko
- 11:20 Novichok poisoning victim reveals perfume gift he gave to partner contained deadly nerve agent â" media
- 11:00 Ukraine's Finance Ministry borrows almost UAH 5 bln on domestic market
- 10:40 Sowing discord: Russia spins fake staged video of "SBU raid against volunteer troops in Donbas"
- 10:20 Ukraine sees retail trade grow to US$16.2 bln in Jan-June
- 10:00 Putin's aide confirms Donbas referendum proposal
- 09:40 Ukraine takes measures expecting inflow from Russia of World Cup fans turned illegal migrants
- 09:20 JFO: Ukraine reports 33 enemy attacks in last day
- 09:00 More Javelins to be produced, including for Ukraine, Lithuania
- 02:58 Commander of Ukraine's army Nayev invites volunteer fighters to join regular troops
- 01:26 Over 360,000 Ukrainians leave their country since March 2018 for work abroad
- 00:45 Bloomberg: Senators prop ose boosting sanctions on Russia, including debt
- 24 July, Tuesday
- 23:35 Imports of passenger cars into Ukraine in H1 estimated at almost US$1 bln
- 22:48 Putin won't be invited to address U.S. Congress: House Speaker Ryan â" media
- 21:58 Ukraine, U.S. coordinate approaches to countering construction of Nord Stream 2
- 20:56 Merkel meets Russia's foreign minister, general staff chief in Berlin to discuss Ukraine, Syria
- 19:55 Naftogaz hires the oldest international law firm for US$1.16 mln
- 18:57 U.S. Congress recommends Pentagon continue providing financial aid to Ukraine
- 17:50 Interview Sergei Loznitsa: War was looming over us like a sword. The city of Kryvyi Rih where we shot Donbas isn't so far from there... And while we were shooting, bodies of a few Uk rainian troops were brought to the city to be buried. This is all terrible.
- 16:40 White House reveals "only specific agreement" reached in Helsinki
- 16:20 Lawyer who leaked prison torture video flees Russia amid threats
- 16:00 Ukraine to once again raise in Minsk talks issue of release of Ukrainian political prisoners â" Gerashchenko
- 15:40 Naftogaz, MGU agree on roadmap towards Ukraine's gas transmission unbundling
- 15:20 Militants blow up on own mines when trying to penetrate line of contact - Ukraine intel
- 15:00 Ukraine, France secure spots at next yearâs U-20 World Cup - FIFA
- 14:40 U.S. Congress extends ban on military cooperation with Russia
- 14:20 Small-scale privatization in Ukraine to be launched this week â" Ukraine PM Groysman
- 14:00 FEMEN movement co-founder Oksana Shachko commits suicide
- 13:40 Police chase fails as cops drive car into river near Kyiv
- 13:20 Wildfire kills at least 50 near Athens, families flee to beaches â" media (Photos)
- 13:00 Political Directors of Normandy Four foreign ministries to meet this week â" diplomats
- 12:40 Constantinople ahead of Russia in church diplomacy game
- 12:20 Russia never to become U.S. friend â" Ambassador Haley
- 12:00 NBU changes UAH rate calculation formula
- 11:40 Russian hackers got into control rooms of U.S. utilities â" media
- 11:20 Ukrainians sell $268.7 mln more currency than they buy in June
- 11:00 Poroshenko vetoes law on combatting timber smuggling
- 10:40 Targeting critics, Trump threatens ex-officials' security clearances - Reuters
- 10:20 Russian spies focus on U.S. universities
- 10:00 Sentsov's cousin refutes report on political prisoner's "pre-death state"
- 09:40 Ukraine in "constructive" talks with IMF on gas prices, budget - acting finance minister
- 09:20 JFO: Ukraine reports 2 WIAs amid 21 enemy attacks in Donbas in past day
- 09:00 Ukraine's Finance Ministry publishes list of "riskiest" state enterprises
- 01:55 CNN: Judge grants immunity for five witnesses in Manafort case
- 01:40 Reuters: Ukraine sizes up bond sales, acting finance minister says
- 00:58 PM Groysman estimates timber smuggling at up to US$303 mln per year
- 23 July, Monday
- 23:55 Over 110 Ukrainians imprisoned in Greece on charges of smuggling of migrants
- 22:43 Sentsov's cousin says he's "on edge of life and death"
- 21:56 Ukrainian farmers thresh almost 19 mln tonnes of new grain
- 20:55 Italy consistently supports Ukraine's territorial integrity: Ambassador
- 19:56 Industrial production growth in Ukraine slows to 2.2% in June
- 18:58 Ukraine signs convention to prevent profit shifting
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine