Slovakian border guards detain Afghani national smuggled in from Ukraine by motor glider
Slovakian border guards detain Afghani national smuggled in from Ukraine by motor gliderThe pilot has been admitted to a local hospital after he reportedly resisted arrest upon landing.Facebook - PolÃcia Slovenskej republiky
Slovak law enforcers last week revealed an attempt by two citizens of Ukraine and a local to smuggle into the country from Ukraine an illegal migrant, an Afghani national, by flying him across the border in a motor glider.
According to Mukachevo.net, referring to the Slovak police, Slovak border guards foiled the attempt on August 22 outside the village of Gran, near the Ukrainian-Slovak border across from Ukraine's Zakarpattia region.
It is not ed that Slovak law enforcers discovered a small motor glider flying across the border from Zakarpattia and landing in Slovakia.
Read alsoDrone smugglers assault border guard in Ukraine
The aircraft was flown by a Ukrainian national, marked in police files as Igor M, while another Ukrainian man, Vasyl D., helped him out with landing. During the raid, an Afghan citizen who was smuggled into Slovakia was detained, as well as another Slovak national involved in the scheme.
The pilot has been admitted to a local hospital after he reportedly resisted arrest upon landing.
The Afghan was returned to Ukraine under a readmission procedure, while the two Ukrainians and the Slovak face 3 to 8 years in prison.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 23:50 Poroshenko on Donbas restoration plan: Certain EU countries could invest in certain cities
- 23:00 Paul Manafortâs next trial to take 3 weeks
- 21:55 "Brotherly help": Do Russians want to intervene in nearby countries?
- 21:00 Slovakian border guards detain Afghani national smuggled in from Ukraine by motor glider
- 19:30 Ukraine appeals WTO decision in dispute with Russia on fertilizer duties
- 19:00 "Leaving room for manipulation": Klimkin on preserved changes to Polish law on National Memory Institute
- 17:55 Week's balance: New debt strategy, growth of industrial output, and turbulence in forex market
- 17:00 Analysis Ukraine's air shield: Taking off to 21st century
- 16:00 Law enforcers start inspections in trains running ac ross Luhansk region
- 15:00 Trump adviser says Ukraine should mull alternatives to Russian gas - Reuters
- 14:00 Activist detained in Moscow for lone picket in support of Oleh Sentsov
- 13:00 Eighty Ukrainian diplomats fly to Donbas (photo)
- 11:50 Donbas update: Militants shell Ukraine positions 33 times, suffer losses
- 10:50 U.S. Senator John McCain, "one of greatest friends of Ukraine," dies at 81
- 25 August, Saturday
- 22:17 One in five Polish companies employs Ukrainian workers: study
- 21:06 Donbas update: Russia-led forces attack Ukraine troops seven times Aug 25
- 20:30 U.S. Navy re-establishes Atlantic fleet to check Russia â" media
- 18:41 FT: Poroshenko warns over threat to Ukraine reforms
- 17:02 Water supply restored in Toretsk
- 16:35 Bloomberg: U.S. warns Russia it will hit Assad if he uses chemical arms
- 15:49 Over 3,000 female officers serving in Ukrainian army â" Gerashchenko
- 15:13 Ukraine has made progress in efforts to join NATO â" Bolton
- 14:04 Aide of Ukrainian prime minister goes on trial as alleged Russian spy â" media
- 12:16 Bolton: U.S. to help Ukraine counter Russian 'meddling'
- 11:20 Kremlin sources go quiet, leaving C.I.A. in dark about Putin's plans for midterms â" media
- 10:08 JFO: Ukraine reports 1 KIA, 4 WIA's in Donbas on Independence Day
- 24 August, Friday
- 23:59 World leaders greet Ukrainians on their National Day
- 22:47 Canada greet s Ukraine on 27th anniversary of independence, reaffirms support
- 22:15 Reuters: Ukraine places $725 mln through private placement of short term notes
- 21:33 Bloomberg: U.S. imposes new sanctions on Russia after nerve agent poisoning
- 20:50 Father of two children killed in Russian attack on Ukrainian village (Photos)
- 19:59 U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo greets Ukraine on Independence Day: "We stand behind Ukraine"
- 17:59 Bosnia denies entry to Russian writer Prilepin on security grounds â" media
- 17:37 Trade between Ukraine, United States grows by 70% for over a year
- 16:32 Reuters: Bolton says U.S. sanctions to stay until Russia changes behavior
- 15:45 Kyiv hosts military parade on Ukraine Independence Day (Photos)
- 14:26 Poroshenk o: EU without Ukraine will be "incomplete project"
- 13:41 Poroshenko to table bill in parliament to amend Constitution for accession to NATO, EU
- 12:21 Poroshenko at Kyiv parade: Tested by war, economic crisis, Ukraine "builds strong muscles"
- 10:48 Independence Day military parade in Kyiv: Livestream
- 10:10 Escalation in Donbas pending Independence Day: Ukraine reports five KIA's, seven WIA's on Aug 23
- 01:57 ECHR obliges Russia to inform about state of four Ukrainian political prisoners' health
- 23 August, Thursday
- 23:59 Ukraine army eliminates 12 enemy troops in Donbas in past day (Video)
- 22:35 President says Ukrainian defense industry virtually gets rid of dependence on Russian components
- 21:58 Ukr aine PM signals possibility of gas price rises â" media
- 20:57 Mayorsk checkpoint in Donetsk region under sniper fire, civilians evacuated
- 19:58 President Poroshenko: Ukrainian language becoming increasingly widespread in Ukraine
- 18:55 Ukraine's large and medium enterprises see profit grow to US$6.8 bln in H1
- 17:40 Opinion New sanctions over Russia's lawlessness in Azov
- 16:40 Parl't speaker in Ukraine refutes reports on possible postponement of presidential elex
- 16:20 Gov't not to raise electricity prices for population until July 2019 â" Regulator
- 16:00 Ukrainian analyst mocks "European sanctions" against Russia, cite examples of continued cooperation
- 15:45 Ukraine forces repel 5-hour enemy offensive in Donbas, suffer losses
- 15:40 "Drop one little nuke on Kyiv": Russian TV panelist on war with Ukraine
- 15:20 NBU expects further inflation slowdown in Aug year on year
- 15:00 Presidential election in Ukraine could be postponed â" MP
- 14:40 Ex-President Kuchma names major mistakes over years of Ukraine's independence
- 14:20 Ukraine marks National Flag Day Aug 23 (Video)
- 14:00 After Trump attack on Russia ties, Merkel eyes Azeri gas - Reuters
- 13:40 Italy becomes main supplier of wine to Ukraine
- 13:20 SBU reveals, arrests mole in own ranks
- 13:00 Ukraine marks 1,000 days without Russian gas
- 12:40 Ukrainian Khvetkevych does 71 m free-dive, sets Ukraine-U.S. record (video)
- 12:20 SBU carries out searches at HQ of OKKO filling station network
- 12:00 Uk raine's trade envoy resigns to study at Stanford University
- 11:40 Eight foreign units to take part in Ukraine's military parade (Photo)
- 11:20 Poroshenko apologizes for vow made in 2014 to complete ATO within hours
- 11:00 Russia preparing for possible landing operations along Azov and Odesa coast - expert
- 10:40 Crowd excited to see U.S.-supplied Javelins at Independence Day parade dress rehearsal in Kyiv
- 10:20 Shadow economy in Ukraine makes up for 33% of official GDP in 1Q â" economy ministry
- 10:00 PGO asks court to set UAH 500 mln bail for Tamrazov
- 09:40 IDPs shall not vote in local elections â" Ukraine's Supreme Court
- 09:20 JFO: Ukraine reports 1 KIA, 1 WIA in Donbas in past day
- 09:00 Austria shares EU stance on Russia despite P utin visit, Chancellor assures
- 04:30 Credit Suisse freezes $5 bln of Russian money due to U.S. sanctions â" media
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine