Donbas war update for Saturday: 25 enemy attacks, two Ukrainian soldiers wounded
Donbas war update for Saturday: 25 enemy attacks, two Ukrainian soldiers woundedProscribed weapons were used in six instances.Photo from UNIAN
Two Ukrainian soldiers were wounded in action as a result of 25 attacks mounted by Russia's hybrid military forces in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, on Saturday, October 6.
"Two servicemen of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) have been wounded amid hostilities," the press center of Ukraine's JFO Headquarters has said.
Proscribed weapons were used in six instances.
The enemy opened aimed fire from 122mm artillery systems, 120mm and 82mm mortars, cannons of infantry fighting vehicles, grenade launchers of various systems, large-caliber machine guns, and small arms.< p>Read alsoDonbas militants amass military hardware beyond withdrawal lines â" JCCC
The Russian occupation forces shelled Ukrainian positions near the towns of Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, as well as the villages of Krymske, Novotoshkivske, Luhanske, Mayske, Shumy, Nevelske, Novomykhailivka, Novotroyitske, Pavlopil, Hnutove, Vodiane, Lebedynske, and Shyrokyne.
Ukrainian JFO forces near Lebedynske came under fire when the enemy resorted to 122mm artillery systems and 82mm mortars. Ukrainian troops stationed near the villages of Luhanske, Shumy, and Hnutove also came under 82mm mortar fire.
In addition, the enemy shelled the defenders of Mayske, using 120mm mortars. Infantry fighting vehicles attacked the Ukrainian defenders of Krymske, Luhanske, and Hnutove.
On Saturday morning, the enemy resorted to 122mm artillery system: a sector in the village of Vodiane near the Sea of Azov, Donetsk region, was attacked by enemy troops based in the occupied village of Zaiche nko.
According to Ukrainian intelligence reports, four enemy troops were eliminated and another eight were wounded over the period under review, the JFO HQ said.
Since the beginning of Sunday, October 7, the enemy has already attacked Ukrainian troops, using banned 120mm mortars near the village of Novoluhanske at night. No JFO casualties have been reported.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 13:30 Analysis Week's balance: Economic outlook by World Bank, delay of large-scale privatization, and 100% readiness for winter
- 12:57 BBC: Pro-Russia party wins Latvia election
- 11:58 U.S. Air Force planes arrive in Ukraine to partake in Clear Sky exercise
- 10:55 Donbas war update for Saturday: 25 enemy attacks, two Ukrainian soldiers wounded
- 06 October, Saturday
- 22:07 Over 30% Ukrainians get under-the-table wages â" Fiscal Service
- 20:58 JFO: Ukraine reports 2 WIA's in Donbas on Oct 6
- 19:15 Juncker: Without European perspective, military conflicts possible in the Balkans â" media
- 18:20 Three decades after nuclear disaster, Chornobyl goes solar â" media
- 16:44 Ukraine MFA: Hungary acts as if Ukraine's Zakarpattia its territory
- 15:33 CIT posts Chepiga's driving licence with "Boshirov's" photo
- 14:51 EU Neighbours: Ukrainian cities exchange experience in the field of energy efficiency
- 13:22 Amnesty International Ukraine about Sentsov: Forced feeding is to rture
- 12:19 Montserrat CaballÃ©, Barcelona opera singer, dies at 85
- 11:06 Donbas update: Ukraine reports 2 WIA's in past 24 hours
- 10:17 NBU strengthens official forex rate to UAH 28.08 to dollar
- 09:00 Parliament speaker Parubiy officially invites Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I to Ukraine (Video)
- 02:58 Klimkin ready to discuss criminal liability for "concealed Russian citizenship"
- 00:25 Reuters: Bulgarian Church turns down Russia's call for debate on Ukraine
- 05 October, Friday
- 23:56 Ukrainians account for up to 40% of tourists visiting Georgia in Jan-Sept
- 22:30 RFE/RL: Belarusian KGB says Ukrainian man jailed for espionage could be pardoned
- 21:45 New power line to be built between Ukraine an d Slovakia
- 20:50 Motorway bridge to be built to link Ukraine and Romania
- 19:40 Ukraine's forex reserves shrink by US$2 bln since year's start
- 18:45 Sentsov announces end of hunger strike from Oct 6 because of possible forced feeding
- 17:59 Second Skripal suspect's identity 'to be revealed' in UK Parliament meeting â" media
- 16:50 Crime and coverup: Russia accused of hacking those probing it â" Bloomberg
- 16:30 Ukraine's revenue from agriexports estimated at almost $12 bln in Jan-Aug
- 16:10 MiG-29 fighter jet crashes near Moscow
- 15:50 Yanukovych appealed to Putin in 2014 since he had no other choice â" lawyer
- 15:30 India, Russia sign eight pacts after Modi-Putin summit â" media
- 15:10 Interpol chief gone missing in China
- 14:50 Economic growth in Ukraine accelerates to 3.8% in Q2 due to early harvest â" World Bank
- 14:30 Shadow economy in Ukraine drops by 11 p.p. in 2018 from 2014 â" economy minister
- 14:10 Official names drivers for future GDP growth
- 13:50 OSCE envoy Frisch could not visit all hostages in Donbas â" Ukraine's Ombudsperson
- 13:30 Donbas militants amass military hardware beyond withdrawal lines â" JCCC
- 13:10 Rada Speaker invites Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew for Ukraine visit
- 12:50 Arnold Schwarzenegger to headline business forum in Kyiv â" Kyiv Post
- 12:30 It would be too costly for Russia to try to move forward in Donbas - U.S. envoy
- 12:10 Large-scale privatization in Ukraine postponed for 2019
- 11:50 Ukraine official explains why Russ ia doesn't seek accession of "DPR"/"LPR"
- 11:30 Volker calls on Russia to cancel sham elections in Donbas
- 11:10 Issues with Hungary should not affect UA cooperation with NATO, EU - Poland
- 10:50 Sentsov stops hunger strike â" Russian penitentiary agency
- 10:40 Ukraine's education law balances rights of national minorities to study in native and state languages without limiting such rights âââ" minister
- 10:20 Ukraine imposes restrictions on construction in urban green spaces
- 10:00 Trending Lozhkin, Klitschko and the Israeli ambassador opened the premiere screening of the film âThe Road to Babi Yarâ
- 09:40 Ukrainian company supplied building materials for Kerch Strait bridge â" SBU
- 09:20 JFO: Ukraine reports 4 WIAs in Donbas in past 24 hours
- 09:00 Interview Kurt Volker: Russia has a 100% command and control of the forces... it has control of the so-called peopleâs republics. So, this is a 100% Russian-led operation
- 03:05 ECHR accepts Sentsov's application in case against Russia
- 02:25 CBC: Canada joins allies in condemning 'malicious' Russian cyberattacks
- 00:55 Eight Ukrainian banks need to be recapitalized
- 04 October, Thursday
- 23:59 Investigative journalists discover data of 305 Russian GRU officers, incl. those expelled by the Dutch (Screenshots)
- 22:50 Turchynov says Ukraine will conduct naval exercise in Sea of Azov
- 21:59 Ukraine to accelerate loan negotiations with IMF â" media
- 20:59 U.S. charges seven Russian GRU officers with international hacking, disinformation
- 19:57 European Parliament to address situation in Sea of Azov
- 18:57 U.S. Senate designates Holodomor in Ukraine in 1932-1933 as genocide
- 17:55 Ukraine's parliament extends Donbas special status until 2020
- 16:50 Russia accused of hacking attempts into MH17 crash investigation
- 16:40 Russia denies media reports on swap of Sentsov for Russians held in U.S.
- 16:20 Azarov, son got over UAH 140 mln for appointing deputy prime minister â" PGO
- 16:00 Bloomberg: Coal reaching $100 a ton in Europe boosts greener alternatives
- 15:40 Russia massively resettles Russians to occupied Crimea
- 15:20 Possible revanchism, populism among key challenges of Ukraine's European integration â" Gerashchenko
- 15:00 Hungary expelling Ukrainian consul
- 14:40 Ukraine's foreign debt repayments in Q4 2018 estimated at US$610 mln
- 14:20 Prosecutors raid apartment of Ukraine's State Reserve Agency chief
- 14:00 Ukraine's parliament approves new army, police greeting
- 13:40 Russians in Minsk quiet, role of provocateurs played by their puppets from Donbas â" Gerashchenko
- 13:20 Sentsov's condition further deteriorating â" lawyer
- 13:00 Ukrainian regions post record yields in entire history of crop observations
- 12:40 Turkish journalists believe Chepiga-Boshirov participated in liquidation of Chechen terrorist â" media
- 12:20 Law on "single window" at customs comes into force in Ukraine Oct 4
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine