Putin's best friend in Ukraine Medvedchuk doesn't consider Russia aggressor state (Video)
Putin's best friend in Ukraine Medvedchuk doesn't consider Russia aggressor state (Video)Crimea has been and will be a destination for Medvedchuk's vacation.Medvedchuk counts Putin as godfather to his daughter / Photo from vybor.ua
Former lawyer, politician and businessman Viktor Medvedchuk, who is considered to be Russian President Vladimir Putin's best friend in Ukraine and who counts Putin as godfather to his daughter, has reiterated he does not think that Russia is an aggressor country.
"I don't consider Russia to be an aggressor," he told on Russia's TV Center channel on Saturday, October 6.
Read alsoChief Prosecutor suspects Medvedchuk of plotting coup in Ukraine together with Ruban, Savchenko
"When I say that I do not consider Russia an aggressor, it's not just a clichÃ© because I travel to Moscow, hold talks and I have many friends there. I say so because I think this is an objective truth," he said.
He also mentioned findings of public opinion polls about Ukrainians' attitude to Russia, without naming the organizations that conducted the polls.
"In February 2018, two sociological centers asked the citizens of Ukraine the following question: How do you feel about Russia? So, the attitude of 38% was 'bad and very bad,' and that of 45% was 'good and very good.' Two days ago we received [fresh] findings that say the share of 'bad and very bad' is 32%, and that of "good and very good' is already 47%," he said.
"I am among those 47% who treat R ussia well and very well. Therefore, the term 'aggressor' sounds to me as a propaganda clichÃ©, but not a reality at all," Medvedchuk said.
When asked whether he considers Crimea to be part of Ukraine or Russia, Medvedchuk replied: "According to the current legislation of Ukraine, Crimea is Ukraine. Unfortunately, it is now Russia de facto."
However, he said, Crimea has been and will be a destination for his vacation: "Crimea is the place where I have spent and will spend my vacation. It's no secret â" I was there last and this year, and will go there again."
As was reported earlier, Medvedchuk stated that Putin considered Donbas to be the territory of Ukraine, and it could be possible to agree on the return of the uncontrolled territory to Kyiv on terms of broad autonomy.
On January 18, 2018, the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine's parliament, adopted a law on the reintegration of Donbas, which recognizes Russia to be an a ggressor and occupying state.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 23:50 Putin's best friend in Ukraine Medvedchuk doesn't consider Russia aggressor state (Video)
- 22:20 Tusk: Russians will not refrain from any means to weaken European unity â" media
- 20:45 Reuters: Interpol chief Meng Hongwei under investigation, China says
- 18:59 Three Ukrainians wanted by police detained on Ukrainian border on Oct 7
- 17:57 Construction of Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline actively under way in Germany as Audacia joins in
- 15:55 Ukraine's Defense Ministr y publishes map of minefields in Donbas
- 13:30 Analysis Week's balance: Economic outlook by World Bank, delay of large-scale privatization, and 100% readiness for winter
- 12:57 BBC: Pro-Russia party wins Latvia election
- 11:58 U.S. Air Force planes arrive in Ukraine to partake in Clear Sky exercise
- 10:55 Donbas war update for Saturday: 25 enemy attacks, two Ukrainian soldiers wounded
- 06 October, Saturday
- 22:07 Over 30% Ukrainians get under-the-table wages â" Fiscal Service
- 20:58 JFO: Ukraine reports 2 WIA's in Donbas on Oct 6
- 19:15 Juncker: Without European perspective, military conflicts possible in the Balkans â" media
- 18:20 Three decades after nuclear disaster, Chornobyl goes solar â" media
- 16:44 Ukraine MFA: Hungary acts as if Ukraine's Zakarpattia its territory
- 15:33 CIT posts Chepiga's driving licence with "Boshirov's" photo
- 14:51 EU Neighbours: Ukrainian cities exchange experience in the field of energy efficiency
- 13:22 Amnesty International Ukraine about Sentsov: Forced feeding is torture
- 12:19 Montserrat CaballÃ©, Barcelona opera singer, dies at 85
- 11:06 Donbas update: Ukraine reports 2 WIA's in past 24 hours
- 10:17 NBU strengthens official forex rate to UAH 28.08 to dollar
- 09:00 Parliament speaker Parubiy officially invites Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I to Ukraine (Video)
- 02:58 Klimkin ready to discuss criminal liability for "concealed Russian citizenship"
- 00:25 Reut ers: Bulgarian Church turns down Russia's call for debate on Ukraine
- 05 October, Friday
- 23:56 Ukrainians account for up to 40% of tourists visiting Georgia in Jan-Sept
- 22:30 RFE/RL: Belarusian KGB says Ukrainian man jailed for espionage could be pardoned
- 21:45 New power line to be built between Ukraine and Slovakia
- 20:50 Motorway bridge to be built to link Ukraine and Romania
- 19:40 Ukraine's forex reserves shrink by US$2 bln since year's start
- 18:45 Sentsov announces end of hunger strike from Oct 6 because of possible forced feeding
- 17:59 Second Skripal suspect's identity 'to be revealed' in UK Parliament meeting â" media
- 16:50 Crime and coverup: Russia accused of hacking those probing it â" Bloomberg
- 16:30 Ukraine's revenue from agriexports estimated at almost $12 bln in Jan-Aug
- 16:10 MiG-29 fighter jet crashes near Moscow
- 15:50 Yanukovych appealed to Putin in 2014 since he had no other choice â" lawyer
- 15:30 India, Russia sign eight pacts after Modi-Putin summit â" media
- 15:10 Interpol chief gone missing in China
- 14:50 Economic growth in Ukraine accelerates to 3.8% in Q2 due to early harvest â" World Bank
- 14:30 Shadow economy in Ukraine drops by 11 p.p. in 2018 from 2014 â" economy minister
- 14:10 Official names drivers for future GDP growth
- 13:50 OSCE envoy Frisch could not visit all hostages in Donbas â" Ukraine's Ombudsperson
- 13:30 Donbas militants amass military hardware beyond withdrawal lines â" JCCC
- 13:10 Rada Speak er invites Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew for Ukraine visit
- 12:50 Arnold Schwarzenegger to headline business forum in Kyiv â" Kyiv Post
- 12:30 It would be too costly for Russia to try to move forward in Donbas - U.S. envoy
- 12:10 Large-scale privatization in Ukraine postponed for 2019
- 11:50 Ukraine official explains why Russia doesn't seek accession of "DPR"/"LPR"
- 11:30 Volker calls on Russia to cancel sham elections in Donbas
- 11:10 Issues with Hungary should not affect UA cooperation with NATO, EU - Poland
- 10:50 Sentsov stops hunger strike â" Russian penitentiary agency
- 10:40 Ukraine's education law balances rights of national minorities to study in native and state languages without limiting such rights âââ" minister
- 10:20 Ukraine imposes restrictions on construction in urban green spaces
- 10:00 Trending Lozhkin, Klitschko and the Israeli ambassador opened the premiere screening of the film âThe Road to Babi Yarâ
- 09:40 Ukrainian company supplied building materials for Kerch Strait bridge â" SBU
- 09:20 JFO: Ukraine reports 4 WIAs in Donbas in past 24 hours
- 09:00 Interview Kurt Volker: Russia has a 100% command and control of the forces... it has control of the so-called peopleâs republics. So, this is a 100% Russian-led operation
- 03:05 ECHR accepts Sentsov's application in case against Russia
- 02:25 CBC: Canada joins allies in condemning 'malicious' Russian cyberattacks
- 00:55 Eight Ukrainian banks need to be recapitalized
- 04 October, Thur sday
- 23:59 Investigative journalists discover data of 305 Russian GRU officers, incl. those expelled by the Dutch (Screenshots)
- 22:50 Turchynov says Ukraine will conduct naval exercise in Sea of Azov
- 21:59 Ukraine to accelerate loan negotiations with IMF â" media
- 20:59 U.S. charges seven Russian GRU officers with international hacking, disinformation
- 19:57 European Parliament to address situation in Sea of Azov
- 18:57 U.S. Senate designates Holodomor in Ukraine in 1932-1933 as genocide
- 17:55 Ukraine's parliament extends Donbas special status until 2020
- 16:50 Russia accused of hacking attempts into MH17 crash investigation
- 16:40 Russia denies media reports on swap of Sentsov for Russians held in U.S.
- 16:20 Azarov, son got over UAH 140 mln for appointing deputy prime minister â" PGO
- 16:00 Bloomberg: Coal reaching $100 a ton in Europe boosts greener alternatives
- 15:40 Russia massively resettles Russians to occupied Crimea
- 15:20 Possible revanchism, populism among key challenges of Ukraine's European integration â" Gerashchenko
- 15:00 Hungary expelling Ukrainian consul
- 14:40 Ukraine's foreign debt repayments in Q4 2018 estimated at US$610 mln
- 14:20 Prosecutors raid apartment of Ukraine's State Reserve Agency chief
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine