Ukraine Army drills: Conditional enemy landing groups destroyed on Azov coast (Photo)
Ukraine Army drills: Conditional enemy landing groups destroyed on Azov coast (Photo)A total of 600 servicemen and 150 units of equipment are taking part in the exercise.
During the working visit to Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk regions, the President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko visited the military training ground to inspect the course of complex tactical exercises on defending the coastal areas aimed to check readiness of the Ukrainian Army and other military formations to deflect possible Russian aggression from the Sea of Azov.< p>The purpose of the exercises is to test the response to the possible landing of a hostile assault force along the Ukrainian coastline in the region.
After reviewing the course of training, Petro Poroshenko noted that today, the military "earned a solid âtwelve" [an "A" grade].
Read alsoUkraine holds large-scale exercises in the Sea of Azov (photo)
The President examined the first and second stages of the military exercises, respectively "Fight for landing" and "Maneuvering defense".
Marine detachments, coastal artillery, military aircraft, and tank units of the Naval Forces of Ukraine and the Land Forces are taking part in the military exercise.
In close coordination with the Armed Forces of Ukraine, units of the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Border Service are also involved. A total of 600 servicemen and 150 units of equipment are taking part.
The Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Force s also conducted an operational meeting at the headquarters of the training where he heard a report by Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Viktor Muzhenko and Head of the State Border Guard Service Petro Tsyhykal on the implementation of the tasks set by the NSDC decisions on countering the threats in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 23:50 Ukraine Army drills: Conditional enemy landing groups destroyed on Azov coast (Photo)
- 23:10 Kerch Strait Bridge may collapse at any time â" expert
- 22:30 Ukraine Europe's poorest country - IMF report
- 21:50 MFA Ukraine comments on Kremlinâs intention to âprotect Orthodox bel ieversâ in Ukraine
- 21:10 UK Foreign Secretary endorses Sentsov nomination for Sakharov Prize
- 20:30 Expert says petrol prices in Ukraine may decline by UAH 1 per liter
- 19:50 Moscow vows to protect Orthodox believers in Ukraine
- 19:05 End to war in Donbas looks as far away as ever â" media
- 18:30 Russian empire losing one of last levers of influence on its former colony â" Poroshenko on decision of Ecumenical Patriarchate
- 17:50 Opinion Russia's proposal for EU is to forget about Ukraine and "admire the spires"
- 16:54 Ukrainian farmers thresh 47 mln tonnes of grain as of Oct 11
- 16:30 Ukraine's JFO: Russian border guards detain Ukrainian fishermen
- 16:02 Ukraine holding military drills to defend Azov Sea c oast (Video)
- 15:47 Operating license of Zaporizhia NPP's reactor 4 extended for another decade
- 15:25 OSCE spots trucks carrying anti-aircraft gun in Russian-occupied Donbas
- 14:58 Klimkin: Budapest's position on language harms ethnic Hungarians in Ukraine
- 14:31 Ukraine's Patriarch Filaret urges church heads to prepare for election of head of new independent church
- 14:06 Sweden's H&M signs lease agreements with Kyiv-based Ocean Mall
- 13:44 China interested in poultry meat imports from Ukraine
- 13:20 Atlantic Council: Why can't Ukraine kill corruption?
- 12:53 Ukraine's interior minister vows tough reaction to religious strife, extremism
- 12:29 Russia aggressively reacts to Constantinople's decision on autocephaly of Ukrainian church (Video)
- 12:05 Trending IMF confirms Ukrainian economists forecast â" economist Borys Kushnyruk
- 11:42 Ukrainian farmers raise US$157 mln through crop receipts
- 11:17 Ukraine cuts honey exports by 40% in Jan-Sept
- 10:48 Kyiv Patriarchate expects to get tomos on autocephaly in November (Video)
- 10:11 U.S. State Department: Russia must cancel illegal sham elections in Donbas
- 09:46 Donbas war update: Ukraine reports 27 enemy attacks in past 24 hours
- 09:20 NBU strengthens official forex rate to UAH 27.98 to dollar
- 08:55 Reuters: Oil jumps 1 percent after two-day fall, still set for weekly fall
- 11 October, Thursday
- 23:50 Ukrainian government agencies targeted in another cyber attack â" SBU
- 23:10 Putin has lost Ukraine â" Kurt Volker
- 22:30 Over 25,000 ha of farmland given to Ukrainian state for free after owners' death
- 21:50 Ukraine's prosecutors probing into involvement of Ukrainian companies in construction of Kerch Strait Bridge
- 21:10 Ukraine, Moldova agree on supply, modernization of military equipment
- 20:30 Ukrainian central bank's net international reserves shrink to almost US$6.3 bln in Sept
- 19:50 Hungary accuses Ukraine state of lying it has nothing to do with website listing dual nationals
- 19:10 Russia seeks to crush Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Crimea for helping resist Russification - KHPG
- 19:05 Ecumenical Patriarchate proceeds to granting autocephaly to Church of Ukraine: Synod decision
- 18:30 Designers reveal missile boat to be manufactured for Ukrainian Navy
- 17:50 Naftogaz pays almost $3.41 bln in taxes
- 16:53 Actual inflation in Ukraine higher than central bank's forecast due to fuel prices, comparative basis
- 16:34 Russian-led forces fire on OSCE patrol near Donetsk Filtration Station â" JFO HQ
- 16:11 Kremlin opposes possible autocephaly of Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- 16:00 Constantinople Patriarchate never handed Kyiv to Moscow to become Russian canonical territory - DW
- 15:48 Synod of Ecumenical Patriarchate reinstates Ukraine's patriarch Filaret, Archbishop Makariy â" media
- 15:17 Hryvnia sets below UAH 28 to dollar on interbank market
- 14:52 RFE/RL: Soyuz booster failure sends space crew back to Earth in emergency landing
- 14:26 Bloomberg: 'Bitcoin and guns, that's the only way to save Ukraine'
- 14:08 Ukraine 9;s money supply grows by 1.2 % in Sept
- 13:40 Trump, Putin may meet again in Helsinki next year â" media
- 13:13 Myrnohrad hospital's surgical unit in eastern Ukraine reopens after EIB-funded repairs
- 12:45 Ukrainian agri-businesses need US$6 bln if land moratorium lifted â" MP
- 12:19 Record-breaking Hurricane Michael batters Florida Panhandle â" media
- 11:53 Ukraine sells 84 facilities since start of small-scale privatization campaign
- 11:27 Ukraine's energy ministry forecasts consumption of gas, coal will grow in 2019
- 11:04 Owners of imported cars with foreign registration blocking Kyiv streets in protest against fuel price hikes
- 10:46 Ukrainian budget's general fund falls short of US$3.3 bln in proceeds in nine months
- 10:21 JFO: Two Ukrainian soldiers killed in la ndmine blast in Donbas in past day
- 09:58 New chemical leaks reported in Russian-occupied Crimea
- 09:20 NBU strengthens official forex rate to UAH 28 to dollar
- 08:55 Reuters: Oil extends losses as other markets fall, stockpiles climb
- 10 October, Wednesday
- 23:40 U.S. base in Syria huge thorn in Russia's side â" but it can't do much more than complain about it
- 23:20 Over 100 Ukrainian SMEs get UAH 380 mln in loans from German-Ukrainian Fund
- 23:00 Britain lists FTA agreement with Ukraine among priorities
- 22:45 Russian website names third person allegedly involved in Skripal poisoning
- 22:40 Ukrainian tanks, APCs successfully pass tests in Thailand - NSDC
- 22:30 Ecumenical Patriarchate preparing to announce decision on autocephaly o f Ukrainian church
- 22:10 Trump nominee draws scrutiny for ties to Ukrainian energy interests
- 22:00 Ukraine presents new armored recon vehicle Mongoose
- 21:20 Poroshenko signs off law on increasing social protection of military
- 20:40 IKEA mulls opening second store in Ukraine
- 20:00 Naftogaz counts $9 mln of Gazprom's overpayments for gas transit as payment for debt
- 19:20 Putinâs spox declines to explain Surkov's vows to raise wages in so-called "DPR"
- 18:35 Ukraine holds large-scale exercises in the Sea of Azov (photo)
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine