Ukraine's deputy minister for occupied areas reveals Russia's plans for "LPR/DPR"
Ukraine's deputy minister for occupied areas reveals Russia's plans for "LPR/DPR"Russia is now working on a scenario to replace the "leaders" of the so-called "LPR/DPR" so that they can be integrated into Ukraine on Moscow's terms, Tuka said.REUTERS
Ukrainian Deputy Minister for temporarily occupied territories and internally displaced persons George Tuka has said one of the main tasks of Russia after the so-called "local elections" in the self-proclaimed republics in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, is to bring "nerds" to power who will try to integrate the occupied areas into Ukraine.
Speaking in an interview to the Obozrevatel media outlet, he said those pro-Russian forces in Ukraine who had been lobbying for the so-called direct negotiations had become more active in the past seven-eight months.
"This is Putin's scenario, which Russia has persistently offered since 2014. Those who advocate for this include the team of [Viktor] Medvedchuk in different guises, the so-called Opposition Bloc team, various fake NGOs â" these are pro-Kremlin forces. They are now trying to politically force Ukraine into [agreeing] to such a scenario. Pro-Russian lobbyists in Europe will act in the same vein," Tuka said.
Read alsoRussian media start dubbing Zakharchenko 'criminal' (Screenshot)
The politician also gave an example of Moldova's unsuccessful attempts to resolve the conflict in Transnistria.
"The danger of that scenario is that we have seen the negative example of Moldova and Transnistria when Chisinau succumbed to Russia's persuasion and began direct negotiations with Tiraspol. The next day, Russia took a step aside , the general structure changed and the Russian Federation turned from a party to the conflict into an observer, an international mediator, after all, a peacemaker. In this case, there were no sanctions against Russia for unleashing a war in Moldova. On the other hand, everyone is aware that the Tiraspol authorities do not take a single step without coordination with the Kremlin," Tuka said.
Russia is now working on a scenario to replace the "leaders" of the so-called "Luhansk and Donetsk People's Republics" ("LPR/DPR") so that they can be integrated into Ukraine on Moscow's terms.
"Such characters as Plotnitsky, Zakharchenko, to put it mildly, are not very suitable for such a purpose and need to be replaced by those who are called 'nerds.' These may be intellectuals, businessmen, people far from war, dressed in suits and ties. They can be nominated as a party for negotiations. Therefore, the first two reshuffle s have already taken place," Tuka said.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 15:43 Ukraine's General Staff elaborates scenarios if escalation in the south
- 15:21 Russian Supreme Court upholds ruling on Panov's eight-year imprisonment (Photo)
- 14:57 IMF demands 40% increase in gas price in Ukraine â" media
- 14:29 Family caught smuggling dead relative into Ukraine by strapping her into car seat â" media
- 14:05 Sentsov awarded 2018 Sakharov Prize â" journalist
- 13:40 Hungarians in Romania apply to UN to safeguard Hungarians' rights in Ukraine's Zakarpattia
- 13:18 Ukraine' s deputy minister for occupied areas reveals Russia's plans for "LPR/DPR"
- 12:54 Expert names causes behind record LPG price hikes in Ukraine
- 12:26 NATO launches biggest war games since end of Cold War â" media
- 12:03 Some 146 towns and villages in Ukraine see power outages amid heavy rains
- 11:42 OSCE spots surface-to-air missile system in Russian-occupied Donbas
- 11:11 Patriarch Filaret announces criteria for independent Orthodox Church's head
- 10:47 PM Groysman says US$497.3 mln to be allocated for energy efficiency in 2019
- 10:19 Ukraine PM hopes to pass 'realistic' budget by Dec 1 â" media
- 09:48 JFO: Ukraine reports one WIA in Donbas in past 24 hours
- 09:20 NBU cuts official forex rate to UAH 28.21 to doll ar
- 08:55 Reuters: Oil prices fall one percent amid global stock market slump
- 24 October, Wednesday
- 23:50 Italy not to veto prolongation of Russia sanctions â" PM Conte
- 23:20 European Parliament intends to call for toughening Russia sanctions in case of escalation in Azov Sea
- 22:40 Analysis Sanctions against Ukraine Putinâs losing bet
- 22:00 Klimkin points to potential dangers for Ukrainians staying in Belarus
- 21:20 Hungary offers to strike minority protection treaty with Ukraine
- 20:40 Kyiv Patriarchate hopes to hold Church Unification Council before year-end
- 20:00 MFA Ukraine to create "cross-border" post amid Hungary row
- 19:20 Ukraine gas reserves enough to pass cold season
- 18:40 Ukrenergo reveals official position on corporatization progress
- 18:00 Explosive devices found in mail sent to Hillary Clinton, Obama
- 16:55 Naftogaz maintains gas prices for industry as of Nov 1
- 16:31 Another member of Russian-led forces eliminated in Donbas (Photo)
- 16:08 France's AXA sells insurance assets in Ukraine to Canada's Fairfax
- 15:44 Ukrainian language quotas likely to be extended to print media
- 15:17 Putin pays less attention to Ukraine, chooses new victims in Europe â" Russian politician
- 14:53 Pochettino green lights raid for brilliant Ukraine prospect â" media
- 14:26 Ukraine boosts construction works by 5.4% in Jan-Sept
- 14:02 OCCRP: Ukraine sees jump in illegal weapons sales
- 13:40 Dnipro-based Style D mulling over acqu isition of Kosmo beauty retailer â" media
- 13:15 New EU funding to support water distribution, treatment in Ukraine's Mykolayiv â" media
- 12:49 "Creepy place:" Video blogger shows central park in Russian-occupied Donetsk
- 12:21 Ukraine sees retail trade grow to US$23.5 bln in Jan-Sept
- 11:58 Ban on night alcohol sales in Kyiv comes into force
- 11:34 Expert forecasts economic growth in Ukraine from 2020
- 11:07 To combat Russian subs, NATO allies teaming up to develop unmanned systems at sea â" media
- 10:43 Ukraine's army gets utility task vehicles to transport anti-tank systems (Photo)
- 10:16 One Ukrainian soldier killed in action in Donbas in past day
- 09:52 Trump says will probably meet with Russia's Putin next month â" Reuters
- 09:20 NBU cuts official forex rate to UAH 28.14 to dollar
- 00:05 Russian trolls get DM from U.S. Cyber Command: We know who you are. Stop it
- 23 October, Tuesday
- 23:50 Polish president slams Nord Stream 2 in Berlin visit
- 23:10 CSKA Moscow fans injured in Rome escalator accident (video)
- 22:30 Militarization in Azov region could lead to destabilization in Black Sea â" Mogherini
- 21:50 Industrial output in Ukraine down 1.3%
- 21:10 Ukraine's anti-corruption watchdog probing massive embezzlement from state bank: MP in focus
- 20:30 Russia reveals essence of sanctions against Ukraine
- 19:50 Ukraine, Poland foreign ministers discuss renewing search for remains of fallen Polish troops
- 19:10 Opinion Sanctions announced: Ho w will Russia hit Ukrainian economy
- 18:30 Agrarian Ministry raises forecast for Ukraine's grain harvest in 2018
- 17:50 Opinion Will Rada take back Supreme Court's gift from owners of cars with EU plates?
- 16:54 Ukrainian winemakers ready to give up names 'champagne' and 'cognac'
- 16:32 Croatian peacekeeping model best for Donbas â" Ukraine's ministry for occupied areas
- 16:07 Naftogaz to invest over US$1.2 bln in gas production
- 15:41 EU informs PM Groysman about concerns over Ukrenergo
- 15:13 Kremlin says sanctions against Ukraine not to affect Ukrainians in Russia
- 14:46 Court in Malaysia imposes RM300,000 bail on Ukrainian facing drugs charge â" media
- 14:19 Russian Orthodox Church responds to Constantinople over no-choice statement
- 13:48 Turkey's leader says signs show Khashoggi killing planned â" media
- 13:20 Kyiv sees rise in price of apartments on primary, secondary markets in Q3
- 12:55 PM Groysman rules out further increase in gas prices for households
- 12:27 Sentsov likely to win 2018 Sakharov Prize â" journalist
- 12:04 Russia furiously reacts to idea of renaming Crimea
- 11:42 Ukraine boosts fruit, berry exports by 40% in Jan-Sept
- 11:11 Russian media start dubbing Zakharchenko 'criminal' (Screenshot)
- 10:43 Explosive device found at residence of George Soros, liberal philanthropist and target of far right â" media
- 10:16 Ukraine sees 5.5% rise in retail trade in Jan-Sept
- 09:48 Environmental disaster in occupied Crimea: Titan resumes work
- 0 9:20 Donbas update: Ukraine reports 12 enemy attacks in past 24 hours
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine