Ukraine's parliament condemns preparation of decision to help Russians return to PACE
Ukraine's parliament condemns preparation of decision to help Russians return to PACEThe relevant resolution was backed by 242 MPs out of 352 registered in the session hall.Photo from UNIAN
Ukraine's parliament, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, has condemned attempts to lift restrictive measures against the permanent Russian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), bypassing the resolutions of the Assembly and amending the statutory documents that alter the fundamental principles of the organization's operations.
According to an UNIAN correspondent, this was stated in the resolution adopted by Parliament on a statement in connection with the situation in the PACE (No. 9089). The relev ant resolution was backed by 242 MPs out of 352 registered in the session hall.
In addition to condemning the relevant developments, the document approves the statement of the Verkhovna Rada to parliaments of the member states of the Council of Europe in connection with the situation in PACE.
The chairman of the Verkhovna Rada is instructed to submit immediately the text of the statement to PACE and parliaments of the member states of the Council of Europe.
The decision comes into force from the date of its adoption.
The parliament stresses in the statement that the issue of powers of the national delegations to PACE has a decisive role for the work of the PACE as practical mechanisms for implementing the policy of the Council of Europe, monitoring compliance with the Statute of the Council of Europe, Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and a wide range of responsibilities and obligations of the member states of the Council of Europe.
Read alsoPACE proposes to complicate procedure for imposing sanctions against Russia â" MP
The existing system of procedure rules, which provides for the appeal of powers of national delegations in essence and on formal grounds, is an effective PACE control mechanism for the compliance of member states with the principles and values of the Council of Europe, the statement says.
In conditions when the Council of Europe and its Parliamentary Assembly are experiencing one of the most difficult crises in their history, connected with the violation by the member state of the purpose and principles of the Council of Europe and avoiding voluntarily assumed duties and obligations, the rejection of the mechanisms of political influence on member states or substantial complication of the order of their application will cause irreparable harm to the Assembly, its monitoring procedure and the Council of Europe as a whole, the Ukrainian parliament says.
The Ve rkhovna Rada emphasizes that the preparation of a decision on amending the rules of procedure of the Assembly with regard to the abolition of opportunities to appeal the powers of national delegations on the merits or substantial complications of the procedure for such an appeal is politically motivated and aims to ensure unhindered and unconditional return of the delegation of the Russian Federation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe against the background of categorical refusal of this state to fulfill the legitimate demands of the Assembly related to the violation of the Council of Europe's Charter by Russia and voluntarily assumed duties and obligations, and support of the aggressive policies of the leadership of the Russian Federation by Russian parliamentarians.
The Ukrainian parliament noted that the preservation of the authority and political capacity of the Parliamentary Assembly in the face of current challenges in Europe was possible only if the existing institutional capacity was ensured of the Assembly and its mechanisms for carrying out its own policy.
Realizing that the destruction of the institutional framework will mean the recognition by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe of its political failure to follow its own decisions and public demonstration of avoiding values and principles of the Council of Europe - the rule of law, democracy and human rights - will force the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and its permanent delegation in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe to carry out a full revision of the principles on which cooperation with the Assembly is built, as well as mechanisms for such cooperation, the report reads.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 19:45 United States calls on Hungary not to oppose NATO-Ukraine Commission
- 18:55 Ferry with 335 people on board on fire in Baltic Sea â" media
- 16:40 Business Insider: Russian Mig-31 spotted with mystery weapon that could be nightmare for U.S. military
- 16:20 Stoltenberg hopes Hungary, Ukraine to "resolve differences"
- 16:00 Opinion Bargaing for Sentsov: Can film director be swapped for three Russians held in U.S.
- 15:40 Groysman hopes to reach gas prices deal with IMF based on real economic situation in Ukraine
- 15:20 SBU exposes Russian drug dealer in Kyiv in sting raid
- 15:00 Parubiy reveals some Maidan leaders had Plan B
- 14:40 Five people hospitalized in Odesa region for anthrax treatment
- 14:20 Ukraine's pa rliament condemns preparation of decision to help Russians return to PACE
- 14:00 Russia to use Hungarian passports case to destabilize Ukraine â" Klimkin
- 13:40 Ukraine must pay off US$15 bln in foreign debt in 2019 â" PM Groysman
- 13:20 Russian occupation forces in Donbas employ lasers to blind Ukrainian border guards
- 13:00 NBU demands explanation from Russia's Sberbank over withdrawal of $15 mln in 2014
- 12:40 Ukrainian officer reveals enemy death toll in Donbas in September (Photo)
- 12:20 Trump's international ratings remain low, especially among key allies
- 12:00 Klimkin: Reasonable suspicions Russia deployed nuclear weapons in occupied Crimea
- 11:40 Ukrainians owe over UAH 38 bln for utilities
- 11:20 Serbian President to request Russia's support over Kos ovo escalation
- 11:00 Reports on plans to swap Sentsov for Russians held in U.S. no accidental leak â" Ukraine's Klimkin
- 10:40 PM Groysman vows "systemic rise" of pensions as early as March 2019
- 10:20 Hollande on Putinâs behavior at âMinsk talksâ: Since morning, he has been testing our patience
- 10:00 Donbas update: Ukraine reports 21 enemy attacks in last day
- 09:40 Kremlin could resort to seizing power in Belarus, replacing Lukashenka with some FSB general â" expert
- 09:20 Ukraine prosecutors unable to confirm GRU operative "Boshirov" helped Yanukovych flee
- 09:00 Police, protesters clash in Barcelona for Catalan referendum anniversary (Photo)
- 00:58 Ukraine's parliament to consider draft budget for next year on Oct 18 or Oct 19
- 01 October, Monday
- 23:50 Ukraine's budget falls short of US$674 mln in revenue in nine months
- 22:45 OSCE monitors: 23 children injured or killed in Donbas in 2018 alone
- 21:58 Klimkin: Ukraine to expel Hungarian consul this week (Video)
- 20:55 Skripal suspect Boshirov reportedly involved in "evacuation" of Yanukovych to Russia â" Journalist
- 19:59 Business Insider impressed by low-altitude passes of Ukrainian fighter jet (Video)
- 19:20 CN Monobank has delivered over 450,000 cards to its customers in only ten months
- 18:40 Ukraine cuts coal output by 5% since year's start
- 17:55 Reuters: Ukraine needs Azov Sea base to counter new Russian threat, military chief says
- 16:40 Poroshenko awards ex-President of France Francoi s Hollande with Order of Freedom (Video)
- 16:20 NBU reports on stabilization in forex market
- 16:10 Russian Su-27 fighter jet buzzes Ukrainian warships (Video)
- 16:00 Joint Forces clear new territories in Donbas
- 15:40 Robbers raid judge's house in Kyiv
- 15:20 Time to start preparing next round of sanctions against Russia: Ex-U.S. envoy
- 15:00 Ukraine's former transport minister Rudkovsky detained in Moscow â" Russian media
- 14:40 Diplomats from Ukraine, Canada, UK and U.S. draw Hungarian authorities' attention to continued Russian aggression
- 14:20 Ukraine sees over 36 % rise in foreign trade deficit in Jan-Aug
- 14:00 Kremlin unaware of plans to swap Sentsov for 3 Russians jailed in U.S. â" Putin's spox
- 13:40 Russia was plotting massive terror attacks in Ukraine: Babchenko discloses previously classified data around life attempt
- 13:20 NBU suspects Tigipko's bank in illegal cashing in of almost US$138 mln
- 13:00 Putin trying to undermine situation inside Ukraine ahead of elections â" Poroshenko
- 12:40 Ukraine building up gas reserves: stocks grow by 8.75 bcm since April 9
- 12:20 Ukraine posts US$164 mln in surplus of balance of payments in Jan-Aug
- 12:09 Trending Lozhkin presented the Sheptytsky medal to the Head of the World Jewish Congress
- 12:00 Patriarch Filaret explains procedure for selecting head of new local church in Ukraine
- 11:40 Canada, U.S. reach NAFTA deal, now called USMCA â" media
- 11:20 No law in Ukraine bans citizens from obtaining another country's passport: MFA Hungary
- 11:00 JFO: Ukraine reports 1 WIA in Donbas in past day
- 10:40 UK says Russia to pay high price if it fails to play by international rules
- 10:20 "He exposed Russian propaganda": Diplomats call Sushchenko case evidence of Russia's attacks on freedom of speech
- 10:00 New Miss Ukraine 2018 selected to compete for Miss World crown (Photo)
- 09:40 Macedonia name change vote fails to reach threshold - BBC
- 09:20 Ukrainian forces gain ground in Donetsk region - volunteer
- 09:00 After Ukraine receives autocephaly, Moscow Patriarchate to be gradually removed from religious life â" expert
- 30 September, Sunday
- 22:30 Kyiv mayor pledges to create Babyn Yar memorial complex
- 21:57 Russian TV chann el airs video of last seconds of 'DPR' leader Zakharchenko's life before blast (Video)
- 20:40 Russia may free Sentsov in exchange for three Russians detained in U.S. â" Russian media
- 19:30 Poroshenko thanks Putin for making Ukraine "much more European" (Video)
- 18:20 Animal rights activists hold rallies in 20 Ukrainian cities (Photos, video)
- 17:25 Britain sending 800 troops to Arctic in warning shot to Russia â" media
- 15:59 Three teens killed, another wounded in landmine blast near Russian-occupied Horlivka
- 15:00 Opinion Prime Minister Groysman's dangerous game
- 13:36 Hungary's SzijjÃ¡rtÃ³ added to Ukraine's Myrovtorets database
- 12:40 In flashback: Ukrainian journalist Sushchenko detained in Russia two years ag o
- 11:55 U.S. doesn't rule out naval blockade for dealing with Russia â" media
- 10:40 Russian-led forces mount 32 attacks on Ukraine army in past day, one Ukrainian soldier wounded
- 29 September, Saturday
- 23:50 Central bank strengthens official forex rate to UAH 28.06 to dollar for Oct 1
- 22:45 Ukraine's Interior Ministry increases presence in Sea of Azov â" Avakov
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Ukraine | Netizen 24 Ukraine